issue with memory cards
Sad 
been having trouble all day loading certain games, until i discovered it was an issue with my memory cards. games like silent hill 2 or castlevania: lament of innocence, on startup, both continuously cycle through the "checking for saved data" and "load error occurred" screens, so my game is essentially frozen until i eject slot 1. this happens with both default memory cards. when booting up silent hill 3, it straight up says that my save data for memcard 1 is corrupted, however, memcard 2 works perfectly fine. i then tested shin megami tensei: digital devil saga and it loaded, and was able to save perfectly fine, with no issues whatsoever on both memory cards. its worth noting, i had save data on all games i listed beside castlevania

making a new memory card seems to solve the issue, but both default memory cards remain unusable for certain games, whether my save data is not there, save data is corrupted, or the game straight up wont load and is stuck on the startup memory card loading splash (SH2, CLoI). i just don't understand why they work for certain games and not others and especially on games i haven't even touched (CLoI). it seems the easiest solution is to make a new one, but id prefer keeping most of my save files on one memory card, since i still have a few working saves on the the default memory card. are the default memory cards salvable? or am i better off using a new one, while switching memory cards for different saves? again worth noting, I haven't used pcsx2 in a while, and before i tried playing anything today, I turned off the "Auto-eject Memory cards when loading save states" option. i don't remember altering anything, other than the heavy use of different save state slots for certain games

Sponsored links

This is why using save states is not recommended.
Don't rely too much on it and always save to memory card like usual.
[Image: cGzK8nC.gif]