issues with Joypads ?
hi

for some reason whenever i play PCSX2 with my joypad the cross buttons where you move back forward up and down seems to always be slow.

i thought first it might be my joypad because it was old.
so i bought extra a new one with a better cross. and still the same

the character moves and reacts way slower than if i would play on keyboard. any idea?

Sponsored links

Are you using the D-pad as the analog directions? If so, that's most likely your issue since D-pads lack any sensitivity. Keyboard is probably being read at max value when you press it, but the d-pads are being read on the low end of the sensitivity.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(05-06-2011, 04:29 PM)Koji Wrote: Are you using the D-pad as the analog directions? If so, that's most likely your issue since D-pads lack any sensitivity. Keyboard is probably being read at max value when you press it, but the d-pads are being read on the low end of the sensitivity.

thats the one i ve bought

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View...K:MEWNX:IT

is there any way to fix this issue? or are there some certain types of joypads that may work better? how do u play it?
I'm not even sure it's a gamepad issue, please post your machine specs and plugin configuration.

Also, each game you play might behave differently. Normally the left stick is used to move the character and is sensitive, walking when the shift is small and run when totally pushed. The D-pad (the digital directional) can be used to always run or always walk and often the behavior is toggled by pushing another button, like the triangle (the upper one or 1 in your joypad).

If yet fails, the sensibility might be incorrect although should be fine in the default.

PS: abusing speedhacks, mainly the VU Cycle Stealing can make the game becoming laggy, the reason I asked for the specs and configuration.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(05-06-2011, 05:12 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: I'm not even sure it's a gamepad issue, please post your machine specs and plugin configuration.

Also, each game you play might behave differently. Normally the left stick is used to move the character and is sensitive, walking when the shift is small and run when totally pushed. The D-pad (the digital directional) can be used to always run or always walk and often the behavior is toggled by pushing another button, like the triangle (the upper one or 1 in your joypad).

If yet fails, the sensibility might be incorrect although should be fine in the default.

PS: abusing speedhacks, mainly the VU Cycle Stealing can make the game becoming laggy, the reason I asked for the specs and configuration.

PCSX2 0.9.8.r4600 - compiled on Apr 27 2011
Savestate version: 0x9a010000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (build 7600), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 4094 MB
CPU name = AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Processor
Vendor/Model = AuthenticAMD (stepping 03)
CPU speed = 3.213 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = 178bfbff 00802009
x86EFlags = efd3fbff

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3
MMX2 .. 3DNOW .. 3DNOW2.. SSE4a

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
Binding GS : C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.8\Plugins\gsdx-sse2-r4600.dll
Windows 6.1.7600
ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series (8.17.10.1070)
(GameDB) 9082 games on record (loaded in 277ms)
Binding PAD : C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.8\Plugins\lilypad-r4600.dll
Binding SPU2 : C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.8\Plugins\spu2-x-r4600.dll
Binding CDVD : C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.8\Plugins\cdvdGigaherz.dll
Binding USB : C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.8\Plugins\USBnull.dll
Binding FW : C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.8\Plugins\FWnull.dll
Binding DEV9 : C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.8\Plugins\DEV9null.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

i do use speedhacks sometime but if turn them off its also reacting the same while on keyboard its quite fast jumping, moving back and forth.

note: the other actions (X, O, square, triangle buttons) like kicking, punching work fine with the joypad.
First and foremost, even if not directly related with the current issue, uninstall the emulator and install it again on a user created folder, any folder you create yourself, just avoid installing games in c:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86), even PC games.

Your rig seems powerful enough to run most games (although is not said anything about the actual 57xx the video card is). We don't know yet what is the game is being tried or if that issue is general.

Give us actual ground to understand where the real problem is. It's strange enough that game does not use the sticks to move the character. Make sure the "analog" function in the gamepad is on (the led must lit to indicate it is)
(05-06-2011, 06:02 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Make sure the "analog" function in the gamepad is on (the led must lit to indicate it is)

i turned it on. and reinstalled into other folder. but still the same i m like moving seconds way too slow and enemy keeps punching and punching me i cant even move fast enough away.
it would help to know the enemy, would say Sun Tzu... maybe is that game the only problem actually.
sadly not only.

mk armageddon is just one example

in tekken the whole cross isnt moving me as soon as enemy gets harder i click the cross and player still not moving or jumping since its so slow i become like a punchbag.