issues with codebreaker freezing as well as issues with enabling cheats through pnach
hey yall i'm having some issues here both with codebreaker freezing after enabling cheats and trying to start a game as well as with trying to use the alternate method which is using a pnach file.  with the pnach file i click on the enable cheats under the system pull down menu i start up the game as normal but i see now physical way to actually activate the cheats.  and no activated cheats are actually showing up in game so i'm wondering what i am doing wrong in the pnach department.  as far as codebreaker goes i click on the cheats i want to use for the particular game i want to play i click on start game swap the disk from codebreaker to the game disk go back over to codebreaker hit the designated key for x and the whole pcsx2 freezes on my and i have to use taskmaster to close pcsx2.  i'm using ver 1.4.0 might anyone be able to help me resolve my issue?

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-10-2017, 01:35 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

here is the log after swapping discs and hitting x in codebreaker.

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 11,66 KB / Downloads: 225)
let's say you keep codebreaker for your PS2.
can you please post the same emulog after you tried to use pnach ?
(04-10-2017, 01:55 PM)jesalvein Wrote: let's say you keep codebreaker for your PS2.
can you please post the same emulog after you tried to use pnach ?

here is the log with the pnach cheats enabled i will also attach the pnach file that i downloaded from the pcsx2 forums for the particular game that i am playing

Attached Files
.txt   log 2 pnach cheats enabled.txt (Size: 17,65 KB / Downloads: 208)
.pnach   94A82AAA.pnach (Size: 21,06 KB / Downloads: 320)
Did you put the pnach file in C:\Users\blond\Documents\PCSX2\cheats\ ? because that log says it isn't detecting the file
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

he is right. i am experiencing similar problems in grandia 3

in disc 1 things were ok. i made a pnach file out of action replay codes and i tried code breaker codes and the codes work

i am now on disc 2. the action replay codes dont work because they are for disc 1. i tried using code breaker codes. some didnt work while some froze the emulator

the emulator froze because the code breaker codes made the emulator generate an infinite loop of invalid addresses. those invalid addresses show in red in the emulator log window

my advice is if code breaker codes are freezing the emulator then dont use code breaker and use action replay max codes instead
(04-10-2017, 02:15 PM)refraction Wrote: Did you put the pnach file in C:\Users\blond\Documents\PCSX2\cheats\ ? because that log says it isn't detecting the file

yeah its in there now but i'm curious how do i only activate select cheats that are in the pnach file it seems to be activating all of them at one time after i get in game.
just comment the cheats you don't want in your pnach file using "//"
i think i know the issue. you converted the codes incorrectly using omniconvert

you need to set the correct input and output type

for example say you are getting codebreaker codes from www.codejunkies.com. for those codes the input type is code breaker ver 1+. the output type should unencrypted standard and that will convert the codes to RAW format

then put those RAW format codes into pcsx2ce and convert and save to pnach

i did that and it worked Smile i was able to use code breaker codes and they worked and did not freeze the emulator