issues with emulator
hello i have some trubble with ps2 emulator, everytime i try to run cd/dvd it says: the spesified bios file was not found, a bios is require for pcsx2 to run. file was not found,, what do i do?

Sponsored links

you need to dump your bios on your real ps2...do you have a mod chipped PS2?
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(03-15-2010, 12:15 AM)tallbender Wrote: you need to dump your bios on your real ps2...do you have a mod chipped PS2?

whaaat? wtf tought this emulator was to computers? why does it have anything to do with my real ps2?? wtf,
Because currently the BIOS isn't emulated by PCSX2 and so you need the one from your PS2 to use legally.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(03-15-2010, 12:36 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Because currently the BIOS isn't emulated and so you need the one from your PS2 to use legally.

okey, how the hell do i get that? is it like a movie clip i can watch or something? how do i link pc and ps2? internett cable?
Your PS2 has a small chunk of code whose copyright is owned by Sony. This code is critical to the proper operation of the emulator, and cannot be distributed with the emulator due to the copyright; requiring you to get the code for yourself using a PS2 that can run homebrew code.

The only legal way to get this code is from a PS2 you own, and support will not be provided to people who get it any other way.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
(03-15-2010, 12:39 AM)echosierra Wrote: Your PS2 has a small chunk of code whose copyright is owned by Sony. This code is critical to the proper operation of the emulator, and cannot be distributed with the emulator due to the copyright; requiring you to get the code for yourself using a PS2 that can run homebrew code.

The only legal way to get this code is from a PS2 you own, and support will not be provided to people who get it any other way.

but how the hell do i get that code? this is rly confusing
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2329.html
It has everything you need to know for getting your BIOS or the "code".
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit