Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jak series
so why isn't jak series not working at all? is nothing being done for them due to low demands?

Sponsored links

Devs don't work by demands. And as far as I know, all JAK series games are playable on the SVN.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
They DO work, but there are graphics issues and could use some optimizations because it doesn't work very good without most speed hacks except vu stealing, which is most of the way. Audio doesn't cut for some odd reason so its all good. I'll only get about 70 fps max with that, but does drop on occasion. It is also very glitchy, eyes are missing, graphics are distorted, you see through the map from right before him if you are on land, the desert sand is black, jak's hair is black, etc.

A series I'd like worked on to become playable is the ratchet and clank series, graphics look like running yogurt and gets about 50 fps with my rig (which to my understanding is below recommended...I think). I think size matters is the only good one. Resolution doesn't effect CPU demands right? Only GPU? I play 1440x900.
[Image: necok0.jpg]
Specs:
i3-530 @ 4.3 ghz
GTX 470 OC 725/1450/1875
6 GB DDR3 RAM
(04-28-2010, 12:09 PM)Bositman Wrote: Devs don't work by demands. And as far as I know, all JAK series games are playable on the SVN.

in that case someone needs to update compatibility test. because all jak series has been marked as nothing.
(04-28-2010, 12:09 PM)Bositman Wrote: Devs don't work by demands. And as far as I know, all JAK series games are playable on the SVN.

i was specifically asking for jak x combat racing. from the looks of it its not compatible at all. http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Jak-X-Com...Boot-issue
(04-28-2010, 07:07 PM)biplav91 Wrote:

in that case someone needs to update compatibility test. because all jak series has been marked as nothing.

i was specifically asking for jak x combat racing. from the looks of it its not compatible at all. http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Jak-X-Com...Boot-issue

I personally have only tried the first one, third, and lost frontier. All were playable. Never tried combat racing.
[Image: necok0.jpg]
Specs:
i3-530 @ 4.3 ghz
GTX 470 OC 725/1450/1875
6 GB DDR3 RAM

Nope, compatibility list specifically shows v0.9.6. It will be updated after the next release again.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-28-2010, 07:50 PM)Bositman Wrote:

Nope, compatibility list specifically shows v0.9.6. It will be updated after the next release again.

btw i am going to ask another stupid question somewhere in the forums which might make some poeple angry
Look what I found with skipdraw.... The missing eye textures aren't so missing after all, only not positioned and scaled very well xD

they blink and move too btw....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)