just wondering, Bards Tale
The GPU is PCI2.

Sponsored links

Do you have a way to monitor the vram usage ?
(04-21-2016, 12:54 PM)gregory Wrote: Do you have a way to monitor the vram usage ?
Yes, just did:
Without 8bit/Disable P.I. hack : full vram is used.
With 8bit: half of VRAM is used, great performance boost
With Disable P.I. hack: half of VRAM is used(maybe even a little less than with 8bit hack), but performance does not improve(more than 1 or 2%).
With 8bit&hack: Stays about the same as just enabling one of the two options, half of VRAM.
well with bards tale enableing the hidden hack and 8 bit did help alot. immediately noticed in hw mode that it goes at 60 fps. again not sure about long term. cutscenes and large scale combat in the game. but i havent experienced a slowdown or graphical error yet. i do hope i can get a pnach for it soon tho. i always hate being broke in games. lol. but thank you all again for letting me know about that stuff. it really helped alot and opens up some of my fav old games to the pcsx2.
@flatout
Normally the hack is more aggressive on texture eviction. However it requires more bandwidth. Gen2 ought to be enough but it will be nice to have an Nvidia GEN2 test or an AMD GEN3 test.

I'm also curious of the speed impact on the Mesa driver. It is very annoying.

Did you test the hack on openGL or DX11?

@nvidia users

Could you test the hack impact on DX11 too ? Thanks you.
okay so decided to sit down and play it. when looking certain ways while the barmaid is talking there is an fps drop i cant explain. sitting about 75%
(04-21-2016, 02:04 PM)gregory Wrote: @flatout
Normally the hack is more aggressive on texture eviction. However it requires more bandwidth. Gen2 ought to be enough but it will be nice to have an Nvidia GEN2 test or an AMD GEN3 test.

I'm also curious of the speed impact on the Mesa driver. It is very annoying.

Did you test the hack on openGL or DX11?
That one was on DX11, because I get better speeds. I retested on OpenGL, VRAM is the same, except a little higher overall. I did see better improvements with the hack on OpenGL, the same 5-10% I had yesterday, which is probably 2-3% better even than the 8bit option does on OpenGL. Without the hack and 8bit, I get about the same fps on OpenGL as I do on DX11.
(04-21-2016, 02:20 PM)Jasperfoust Wrote: okay so decided to sit down and play it. when looking certain ways while the barmaid is talking there is an fps drop i cant explain. sitting about 75%
Game remains heavy. And does various GPU => CPU communication that are slow (and will remain slow in the short future).

(04-21-2016, 02:31 PM)FlatOut Wrote: That one was on DX11, because I get better speeds. I retested on OpenGL, VRAM is the same, except a little higher overall. I did see better improvements with the hack on OpenGL, the same 5-10% I had yesterday, which is probably 2-3% better even than the 8bit option does on OpenGL. Without the hack and 8bit, I get about the same fps on OpenGL as I do on DX11.
Ok. I didn't tested the hack on DX11 so I wasn't sure of its behavior. What upscaling level do you use?
(04-21-2016, 03:26 PM)gregory Wrote: Ok. I didn't tested the hack on DX11 so I wasn't sure of its behavior. What upscaling level do you use?
It was set to 3x native.
Ok. Could you do a quick test on native. 3x is maybe too big for this game.