w/invalidate
ogl hw 86-90
dx11 61-63

w/o invalidate
ogl 89-92
dx11 58-60
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

Thanks you. Normally it mustn't impact Dx. So it doesn't worth it even on openGL. I will remove it.
It's strange, OGL is faster without it, DX is slightly faster with it. It was a bit of a strange result, but whatever ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Except if a call to an empty virtual function is expensive. I guess it is the standard variation of turbo/gpu/cache.

However, openGL ask the driver to do stuff. So yeah it could cost a couple of fps. The idea was to help the driver to manage memory. Maybe it is more useful for game that fill the memory.
new build to test https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/1304 (in particular on AMD)
Does it require any special settings? Cause I get the same results as I got with the previous versions.
Nope. Always on. It reduces further the texture cache overhead. I spot this one in champion of norrath. I'm not sure it impacts others games
Or gcc generated code is dull again. So the extra overhead might be linux only. It is a shame that we don't have linux tester
Maybe we could put a shout out for that in our next progress report? You never know, it could be useful.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Yeah. I think a part of the issue also come from the distribution model. On linux, you get the program directly from your distribution, so you don't bother to lookup the project website in google. Even the forum activity is rather low (or I fixed too much issue and people don't complain anymore Tongue2 ). But yeah worth a try.