keeps crashing
hey, i have tried what i felt i was safe doing, which consisted of getting the most up to date version but it just keeps crashing all the same. i am using all the plugins and settings it comes with. my fps is great. but it just keeps crashing. the only game i have been playing on it is kingdom hearts (an ISO rip i made of my disk because i hate putting disks in my drive) i dont think it is a bad rip because the crash happens at any point it feels like.

my system is

Phenom II dual unlocked to quad tested for 24 hours and is rock steady. 3.1Ghz

8GB DDR3 ram 1333mhz

AMD 6950 2GB

on a odd note, although its running fast, its using only 0 percent of my GPU.

do i need to change settings to get it to stop crashing for kingdom hearts. if you need any other information ask.

Sponsored links

Have you tried with any other game? Also, believe it or not, PCSX2 seems to be a better stability test than almost anything else... My 4th core and overclock ran rock stable on Linpack without any errors (20 tests) but an hour on PCSX2 and I'd usually get at least one crash. I backed off my CPU's overclock by just 100mhz and the issue went away.

The only reason why your GPU should ever be on 0% is if you're using software mode instead of hardware.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(09-25-2011, 07:52 PM)Koji Wrote: Have you tried with any other game? Also, believe it or not, PCSX2 seems to be a better stability test than almost anything else... My 4th core and overclock ran rock stable on Linpack without any errors (20 tests) but an hour on PCSX2 and I'd usually get at least one crash. I backed off my CPU's overclock by just 100mhz and the issue went away.

The only reason why your GPU should ever be on 0% is if you're using software mode instead of hardware.

nope in hardware DX11 mode. i changes it to 6X native, and now it runs about 20%
6x native? holy crap no wonder its crashing...

bring it down to 2x or 3x you wont see much more than that anyway. Your crashing is more than likely because you are pretty much asking it to use about 3gb or more video memory.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

It's most probably an unstable overclock. Set your CPU to stock values and try again, if PCSX2 doesn't crash there is your proof.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Could you post the content of your emulog.txt after you get a crash?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(09-25-2011, 10:17 PM)refraction Wrote: 6x native? holy crap no wonder its crashing...

bring it down to 2x or 3x you wont see much more than that anyway. Your crashing is more than likely because you are pretty much asking it to use about 3gb or more video memory.

nah, KH and 2 can run at 6x easy with 896MB ;p
(09-25-2011, 10:17 PM)Bositman Wrote: It's most probably an unstable overclock. Set your CPU to stock values and try again, if PCSX2 doesn't crash there is your proof.

more like unstable Unlock.

PCSX2 pushes cpu's harder than many stress tests