killzone - stuck in doorway
So as some of you already know, Killzone is playable with the newer builds. However, I haven't been able to get past the first level. Here's why.

After I clear out the second bunker (the one with the mounted machine gun) I have to move to the industrial area. But I can't, because I don't fit through the doorway. Literally. I can't walk through it. It's like there's an invisible wall. I'm sure that I'm going the right way and that I'm supposed to move on now. I've seen some of my teammates pass through, but the game for some reason won't let me do the same. I've tried to find info on such a bug, but without luck. Nobody using a real PS2 seems to have experienced it, so it could be an emulator problem, but I don't know. I used savestates a couple of times, could that possibly have screwed up the game? I've tried restarting the level from the beginning and that didn't help either...

Sponsored links

Try messing with the advanced rounding and clamping modes for EE and VU.
This sounds a lot like a floating point precision issue.
Well, I tried messing around with those settings. It did nothing. Although I have no idea what I'm doing and which settings are good to try.
you have to put them to full and nearest and extra +preserve sign and full Tongue
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
I tested Both to Nearest, and EE Full + VU Extra + Preserve Sign nad nothing
Ninja(NGemu nickname: xcedf)Ninja
(05-26-2010, 05:21 AM)fedaykin Wrote: So as some of you already know, Killzone is playable with the newer builds. However, I haven't been able to get past the first level. Here's why.

What settings do u use? im using an european 2.0 bios but my fps are like 4 before loading movie, 21 at main screen.

Edit:and at like 80% it crashes, in the previous pcsx2 i managed to get this same iso running (but bad graphics and also low fps).
Yeah the bug is a bummer, I just used a completed savegame to skip the mission
Core i5-750 @ 2.67
4GB CORSAIR XMS3
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5770
Same issue is on our googlecode page here:

http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/issues/detail?id=160

... doesn't look like there's any useful information. One guy said he got tit to work better, but doesn't really make sense in trying to describe how or why. My guess is it was a fluke and the doorway in question is still typically broken.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(06-16-2010, 12:37 AM)Air Wrote: Same issue is on our googlecode page here:

http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/issues/detail?id=160

... doesn't look like there's any useful information. One guy said he got tit to work better, but doesn't really make sense in trying to describe how or why. My guess is it was a fluke and the doorway in question is still typically broken.

Edit-I forgot to update directx but now its updated but the gsdx still crashes (but the bar now goes to 90%) but zerogs plugin works fine (but crappy image quality). any ideas?

Edit-I managed to got it to work by lowering the resolution from 1024x1024 to 640x480, good fps, but there are vertical stripes.

Edit- when i run directx9 software perfect graphics, but low fps (ofc) but no vertical stripes :| any ideas on those?