looking to speed up kingdom hearts 2
Quote:Im running a dual core so im assuming that SSE2 is the best for me
ssse3 plugin should be better for you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

ook so i tried messing around with changing it to ssse3 however still no change any other suggestions :o ty for the input jesalvein. ill continue tinkering with it Tongue btw its most noticable in the FMV's of kingdom hearts 2, and some battles with a lot of enemies on screen Laugh if that helps describe the problem a bit better
Quote: some battles with a lot of enemies on screen
what is your GPU ?
my gpu is.... nvidia geforce 8700M GT (laptop gfx card)
512 MB
aw... a mobile GPu.
i should have guessed so.
set gsdx res to native to unload your gpU as much as possible, It's a little bit weak.
bah that sucks Tongue lol oook will do thanks for all the help jesavein Tongue so u dun think i can natrually max out my graphics i guess Tongue. Do you think its possible to keep it at 60fps with a few speed hax and what not Smile if so what should i enable i tried turning on a few and it seems the fps would increase in the spots i was losing fps by like 5 lol
'bout speedhacks, i dunno.
try setting IEE cycle rate to 2, and fiddle with the others 1 by 1.
Avoid vu cycle stealing, 'cause it tends to break games if set too high.
any 1 else have any ideas or am i running as best as possible thanks all in advanced especially jesavein Laugh

EDIT:
BTW im using the same settings i posted in post number 10 shown bellow in the link to my attached settings

http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=23519
They can't copy it verbatim but chances are many of the settings can be used, with some changes in the graphics. I've checked out a lot of other people setups and mine only differs in a few points.

At the OP try enabling more of the speed hacks, as well as the VU cycle stealing. Try putting it around halfway and see what the results are. Also try different combinations of checking off INTC sync hack, status flag hack, and min/max hack
untick microVUO and microVU1 and leave everything at default. In in advanced options set your clamp mode to none and leave everything else at default. and disable speedhacks and stay away from vu stealing option it tends to break things. Also in speed hacks section leave it at X2 cycle rate. this should resolve your slow downs.