low FPS :(
hey guy's

I'm new to pcsx2 and was just looking to play some of the games from my younger days, I read the post that defines the system requirement for the game and i believe everything to be in order but i am still getting low FPS, anyone know if there is anyway to solve this?

my specs:
pentium dual core CPU e5400 2.70ghz 1.70ghz
2 gig, DDR2 dual channel ram
ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series
GPU core 600 MHz
GPU memory 400 MHz
GPU memory size 1791 MB

i know it's an old system by today's standards because it is my old system that i threw together for now untill my new computer components arrive. in the mean time i would like to play some of the old ps2 games Smile

thank you all for your time Smile and sorry about noob question

i'm getting around 30FPS, sorry i forgot to include that

Sponsored links

What games are you playing ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your OS
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
At the moment just the original DMC from 2001

The PCSX version at the moment is 1.2.1

my OS is windows 7 32 bitt

all my settings are default
I don't know how much demanding the specific game is but, my old processor is similar to your current one. You cant play most moderate demanding games in 40+ fps. Though, you can achieve better speed in less demanding games. and, you should overclock your processor to gain a little performance boost.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
If it is just normal for my hardware to run like this because it is junk just let me know because i will wait for my new components to arrive Smile
Yeah, it's little weak for pcsx2. You should upgrade your pc to get better speeds.
- Refraction
here are my setting's

i included the sound settings also because the sound is a little choppy, but i assume this is from the last of framerate, as on the pause menu when the frames are 60fps is sounds fine

ahhh i see, that's fine i've got a gtx 980 and a i7 cpu on it's way haha so i cant wait Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You can change the interpolation to linear, the sound is probably sounding that way because of the lower framerate. Pcsx2 might probably work better on your new pc. All the best for the arrival your new pc Wink
- Refraction
For the moment, set Renderer to D3D11.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]