low FPS 2D fighting game
Hi i'm having a problem with most of 2d fighting games, like king of fighter 2003, CAPCOM vs SNK 2, samurai showdown antology, guilty gears XX and other.
The problem is basically the same, games run at 20-30 fps, exept guilty gears that freese after the sammy's logo.
I tried a lot of plugin configuration but nothing worked.
My specs are
dual core 6700 2.67 GHz
nvidia 8800GTX
2 GB ram
windows professional xp sp3

and i'm using r1329 and r1387 with all graphic plugins updated (GSDX r1406 and ZZOgl r164)...i also tried a lot configuration of speedhacks.
The strange thing is that other 2d games run perfectly (like disgaea and art tonelico) at costant 60 FPS, even games like persona 3 and 4, shadow heart coventant run at 60 FPS.
Is there some specific configuration for 2d games?
Thanks in advance

Sponsored links

I guess different games work differently with the emulator regardless if one game has better graphics than the other, other than improving your specs i can think of no other ways of improving your fps and even thats not guaranteed to improve the speed of games.
Now I'm not a know-it-all about those games, but seeing as they are all 2D might it be so that they all are produced by the same developer? And as such use the same engine?
(06-21-2009, 11:36 PM)Aemony Wrote: Now I'm not a know-it-all about those games, but seeing as they are all 2D might it be so that they all are produced by the same developer? And as such use the same engine?

no, different engine, different producer
Weird, seeing as 2D fighting games is usually the ones performing better performance-wise than 3D games. I'd otherwise say the only option, except for upgrading your hardware, is to install Vista and try the games on Dx10, as your graphic card supports it and it is said to be faster than Dx9.
Yeah, sometimes directx.10 mode can much help to gain more fps in game like game tekken5 and soulcalibur2. k
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(06-22-2009, 09:51 AM)Register Wrote: Yeah, sometimes directx.10 mode can much help to gain more fps in game like game tekken5 and soulcalibur2. k

In my opinion directx 10 maybe can help in 3d games like the one you mention, but for 2d game i think that the problem could be the emulator, or the configuration, i mean, they have a simple graphic so i don't think my specs or Directx are the problem, installing vista for playing those game is a bit too extreme, but thanks for the advice
Yeah, might be that the games are a lot more CPU focused than GPU focused, in case Dx10 wouldn't matter, but then you'ld see a speed increase by using the speed hacks. But try VU Cycle Stealing on a higher setting then, seeing as that might fix your problem.
(06-22-2009, 10:18 AM)Aemony Wrote: Yeah, might be that the games are a lot more CPU focused than GPU focused, in case Dx10 wouldn't matter, but then you'ld see a speed increase by using the speed hacks. But try VU Cycle Stealing on a higher setting then, seeing as that might fix your problem.
Already tried, i set all the speedhacks on and VU cycle at max, i also tried changing the advanced option, the result is still the same max 35 FPS, for that kind of game is too loo...tnks anyway for the help
Ehm, getting no speed gain at all in the game when using all speed hacks? Then it must likely have to be a bug or something in PCSX2.