low cpu usage (I DID READ THE FAQ ABOUT IT)
so, i know it's unreasonable to expect 100% cpu usage, because pcsx2 isnt built like that. but is 30% too much to ask for? 

i have an i5 6600k overclocked to 4.8ghz , 24 hour prime stable, and when i'm playing ratchet and clank 3 in software mode, the game goes full speed for the most part, but occassionally it dips into the 40's, and even then, when pcsx2 is struggling the most, my cpu usage never goes above 30%.  MTVU is enabled and rendering threads is set to 4 with direct3d11

like i said, i dont expect 100% but surely, PART of the remaining 75-70% of my processor could be utilized. or no? is such a crazy low usage to be expected?

i am running pcsx 1.4.0
ratchet and clank 3 PAL is the only game i play, so far.

my specs are as follows
i5 6600k @ 4.8ghz, cooled by corsair h80i
gtx 970
16 gb ram

Sponsored links

just use hw rendering with mip mapping enabled on a new build from here http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(12-21-2016, 12:45 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: just use hw rendering with mip mapping enabled on a new build from here http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2

This, the game runs a lot slower without that for some reason, it really murders the graphics card.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Dude, the folks here at pcsx are straight up wizards. Ratchet and clank at full speed, 3x resolution? WHAT?? I feel like I'm playing a brand new game. It's all I could have asked for and more! It's beautiful!

Note, if you get weird light sources floating above the 
objects they're meant to be attached to, turn on alpha in the hardware hack configuration section. That fixed it for me, made ratchets shadow a tad weird but it's barely noticeable, whereas the lights are extremely distracting. 

I feel as though I've been given a great gift, and I'm feeling the joy of my favorite childhood game all over again. Does pcsx have a paypal donation account?
(12-21-2016, 07:44 AM)[email protected] Wrote: Dude, the folks here at pcsx are straight up wizards. Ratchet and clank at full speed, 3x resolution? WHAT?? I feel like I'm playing a brand new game. It's all I could have asked for and more! It's beautiful!

Note, if you get weird light sources floating above the 
objects they're meant to be attached to, turn on alpha in the hardware hack configuration section. That fixed it for me, made ratchets shadow a tad weird but it's barely noticeable, whereas the lights are extremely distracting. 

I feel as though I've been given a great gift, and I'm feeling the joy of my favorite childhood game all over again. Does pcsx have a paypal donation account?

We used to a long time ago, but it got shut down due to some fraud claim I think. Enjoy the game! Smile
(12-21-2016, 07:57 AM)CK1 Wrote: We used to a long time ago, but it got shut down due to some fraud claim I think. Enjoy the game! Smile

close, I think somebody told paypal we were providing illegal software and paypal agreed. Patreon are more than happy to have us though (I got them to double check they were happy with what we provide), but I need to work out details before we even consider that Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-21-2016, 02:18 AM)refraction Wrote: This, the game runs a lot slower without that for some reason, it really murders the graphics card.

The base texture is the framebuffer so you need a sync every draw call. The base texture is never read so it can be optimized hence the speed boost with the new option