low fps, EE and GS percentage
on some games i have 30-40 fps my EE percentage is about 60 and GS on 70 i have played around with speed hacks, game fixes and other things. also ive tryed software mode on all 3 modes, openGL, dx9/11

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Operating System = windows 8 64bit
Physical RAM = 8gb @ 1333
CPU = i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.2GHz (3.1GHz overclck)
CPU speed = 2.194 ghz (8 logical threads)
graphics = nvidia geforce 525m 110% overclock

latest version of pcsx2 (5745)

automatic game fixes

EE/VU cycle on 2 each

ace combat squadron leader (pal) as iso, thats the only one that is really noticeable
Have you seen the settings and discussion in

Ace Combat 5 [NTSC]

Ace Combat 4 [PAL]

?

Maybe they can help you determine the problem.

For these games speedhacks were not needed. Maybe the speedhacks create more load than they reduce. Have you tried turning off speedhacks?
(10-23-2013, 09:10 AM)starweaver Wrote: CPU = i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.2GHz (3.1GHz overclck)
graphics = nvidia geforce 525m 110% overclock

you overclocked a laptop that high without frying it ? Blink you must have a big heatsink...

other than that, make sure you no other piece of software is using your CPU.
That could explain.
Maybe the issue is due to hyperthreading.

If I have the right data sheet you are using hyperthreading to 8 logical cores.

If the threads you use for pcsx2 are on one physical core you might not get full power. Maybe you try to change the dependency of used cpu's for pcsx2 (right-click in the taskmanager on pcsx2.exe process) to cores 1, 3, 6 in hardware-mode with MTVU and disable other demanding processes on these cores.

In software-mode you should not use to many threads (~3) as mentioned in the above linked descriptions.
As the graphics are only good in Software Mode (F9) - you could play with the number of software threads in GDS Settings (Config/Video/Plugin-Settings) - as your i7-2670QM has Hyper Threading it may be interesting to increase this value to 6-7 ?! But probably you'll get the best results with 3 threads.

Ace Combat series are the more demanding games - with my i5 4670k 3,4Ghz I get 60 fps in HUD view but in external View the fps drop sometimes down to 40 fps (depends which level you play)

Also I found out that MTVU speedhack makes Ace Combat 4 a bit slower - but could be a side effect of the number of software threads.
something else about your GPu is bugging me. Can you please post your emulog.txt ?
overclocking an i7 laptop pretty dangerous.
instead of overclocking try constant-frameskipping.

Emulation Setting-->GS-->Constant skipping.

that video card can be weak because of the GS% reading is nearly 70%

and also "watch the temps" you might need to install coretemp to monitor your i7 laptop heat.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(10-23-2013, 02:03 PM)jesalvein Wrote: something else about your GPu is bugging me. Can you please post your emulog.txt ?

(10-23-2013, 03:06 PM)smartstrike Wrote: overclocking an i7 laptop pretty dangerous.
instead of overclocking try constant-frameskipping.

Emulation Setting-->GS-->Constant skipping.

that video card can be weak because of the GS% reading is nearly 70%

and also "watch the temps" you might need to install coretemp to monitor your i7 laptop heat.

i have an alarm that goes of when both the cpu and gpu hit 95degrees c+ and when the alarm goes of my laptop goes into power savemode and kills all the overclocking

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 2,85 KB / Downloads: 169)