memory card compatibility?
hi there,

does the latest version of pcsx2 support memory card savestates from older versions?

i copied my old memory card backup files into the pcsx2 folder and the ps2 memory card menu shows all saves properly. but ingame (FFX PAL) it says "no savestates available" when i try to load.

do i need to install an older version of pcsx2 or what's the problem?

thanks in advance Unsure

Sponsored links

So you put the memcards from your old PCSX2 into your new memcard folder, right?

In the emulator, go to Config > Memory Cards and makes sure you have the right memory cards loaded up. The cards you're using will be the two at the top. Any below that are, as it says, currently inactive.

If the the cards you want to use are inactive you should drag and drop them up to one of the memory card slots.
1.)double check your memory card's folder path
2.)savestates is non-migration and it's a version-lockout you cannot transfer your savestates w/ a newer pcsx2
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(07-24-2012, 11:37 AM)tallbender Wrote: 2.)savestates is non-migration and it's a version-lockout you cannot transfer your savestates w/ a newer pcsx2

Explain on this? Perhaps I don't fully understand the memory card terminology.

Savestates = Saves on the virtual memory card, correct? So the savestates are inside the memcard.

So, is what you're saying that, if you keep just moving your memcard from version to version of PCSX2 that you'll eventually run into trouble, or what?
What he's trying say to was save states are not CROSS VERSION compatible...
(07-24-2012, 11:39 AM)Alexander Moore Wrote: Explain on this? Perhaps I don't fully understand the memory card terminology.

Savestates = Saves on the virtual memory card, correct? So the savestates are inside the memcard.

So, is what you're saying that, if you keep just moving your memcard from version to version of PCSX2 that you'll eventually run into trouble, or what?

to avoid misunderstandings:

i'm only talking about ps2 memory card saves, _not_ emulator savestates.
(07-24-2012, 11:41 AM)Archerko Wrote: What he's trying to say was save states are not CROSS VERSION compatible...

so i need to install the exact same pcxs2 version which i used to create those memory card saves?

(07-24-2012, 11:46 AM)Archerko Wrote: Then what is this? Wacko

sorry, my mistake.

it actually says ''FINAL FANTASY X data not found!". i didnt remember the exact term..
you need to re-navigate your memory card's folder on where you old memory card located

UPDATE:
added photos

v
v
v
v
v
v

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(07-24-2012, 11:52 AM)tallbender Wrote: you need to re-navigate your memory card's folder on where you old memory card located

i already tried this -> same thing. Wacko
i just tried the same thing (browse folder) with another backup memory card (i use a unique memory card for every game) including FF12 saves. works as a charme.

but no luck with my old FFX memcard... Sad (although the ps2 memcard menu shows the save slots with correct information.. it's my ultimate 140 hours save where i beat alle dark aeons and penance.. HELP ME PLEASE!!)

// EDIT

i uploaded the memcard as an attachement. could someone try to load from it? (FFX PAL)

Attached Files
.rar   Mcd002.rar (Size: 21,35 KB / Downloads: 146)