messed up screen glitch
I just downloaded the emulator and I tried to play some of the game that I have, one wasn't compatible, go figure, but the other two well they played, "sorta". The two games were Final Fantasy X and Resident Evil 4 and they both had an glitch where the screen was all messed up for FFX it was like it from the start but for RE4 it started fine then after the first cut scene played it got all messed up. I've taken a picture of what is supposed to be the inventory menu for RE4. I am using 1.2.1 with the default plugins and settings.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-02-2015, 06:39 AM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

ok my pc specs are
CPU:AMD Sempron Dual Core Processor 2200 2.00GHz
GPU:NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
RAM:2 GB

the version, as I stated above is 1.2.1 and I also stated above that I'm using the default settings and I'm using actual cds.
for FFX : try checking the FFX fix.
for RE4 : what if you press F9 ?

BTW, you are aware that most games will be unplayably slow, right ?
(06-02-2015, 07:13 AM)jesalvein Wrote: for FFX : try checking the FFX fix.
for RE4 : what if you press F9 ?

BTW, you are aware that most games will be unplayably slow, right ?

ok I will check those and yeah I know they will be, I'm just bored and felt like pulling out my old games.
(06-02-2015, 07:19 AM)thelastone Wrote: ok I will check those and yeah I know they will be, I'm just bored and felt like pulling out my old games.

FFX:it didn't work it gave it color but its still a mess.
RE4:re tried it and it does it as soon as I gain control of leon and the frame rate is even worse now, and yes I reset the settings and hitting f9 fixed it but it cause my monitor to stop responding for about a second.
Does f9 do the same with ffx ?
(06-02-2015, 07:33 AM)thelastone Wrote: but it cause my monitor to stop responding for about a second.

I hope you mean the momentary pause while pressing F9 ? that's normal, no need to worry. Smile

the GSdx plugin pauses for a while and updates the settings and saves it. that's why the little pause is caused/
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(06-02-2015, 08:20 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Does f9 do the same with ffx ?

no it doesn't work there either.

(06-02-2015, 01:00 PM)ssakash Wrote: I hope you mean the momentary pause while pressing F9 ? that's normal, no need to worry. :)

the GSdx plugin pauses for a while and updates the settings and saves it. that's why the little pause is caused/

no my entire screen goes black and when it comes back up I get a message saying that something crashed but was revived and sometimes when it comes back the emulator crashes with a message saying it stopped responding.
please provide your emulog, you can find it in the logs folder of pcsx2 directory.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction