missing .dll files on Win10
Hi all,  new member, first post

i'm not a newb to emulators - but theyv'e all be 8bit/16bit Sega/NES emulation

I'm trying literally to play one game!  The english translation of the Phantasy Star Generations - which is the PS2 iteration of the original Sega Master System game.

Years ago - i was able to download an earlier version of PSCX2 on a Windows Vista machine  - and it still works lol but i want to play it onmy newer work PC

I'm running Windows10 Enterprise  64 bit

i've downloaded and installed all three of the "nightly releases"  and no mater what I do - i get the same error.... missing 3-4 files

msvcp140.dll
vcruntime140.dll
vcruntime140_1.dll
and then the 4th error pops with the same as the first
msvcp140.dll

any help here?

Thanks

Sponsored links

download and install vc++ runtimes
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
These errors indicate that some runtime libraries required by the application are missing on your system. These libraries are usually installed along with the application itself or with other software packages.

You can try the following steps to resolve the issue:

Install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio. This package includes the runtime libraries that are missing. You can download it from the Microsoft website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topi...f26a218cc0

Make sure that your system is up to date. Install all available Windows updates, especially those related to Visual C++ and .NET Framework.

If the above steps do not work, you can try reinstalling the application. Make sure to download the latest version from the official website and install all required components.

In case the issue persists, you can try to manually copy the missing files from another computer or from the internet, but be cautious as these files may not be safe and could harm your system.
This has basically been answered, but I've always found the msvc redistributable all-in-one download from techpowerup to be extremely handy for updating these ms runtimes:
https://www.techpowerup.com/download/vis...ll-in-one/

^The nice thing about it is it includes all the msvc runtimes from 2005 to the present and the package gets updated whenever ms updates their runtimes. Just download the archive linked above, unzip it, and run the install_all.bat. Very convenient.