Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mods for god of war or devil may cry or prince of persia?
hey.those are games,i frequently play.Is there any game editor or mods for them.I want to play my customs levels.I am expert in maya.But do not know
C++ very well.Is there any way?

Sponsored links

Yeah, it's called PlayStation 2 DevKit. Contact Sony to get one.
Afaik, it's just some 3000-5000$.
(02-06-2010, 08:37 PM)Kein Wrote: Yeah, it's called PlayStation 2 DevKit. Contact Sony to get one.
Afaik, it's just some 3000-5000$.

ha ha ha.Are you kidding?I asked it seriously.(oh man,real jokes!!!!!! "Afaik, it's just some 3000-5000$." said u.
it is "just",isnt it?)
I am not gonna pay 3000-5000$ for such.Sony is not user-friendly,it is the proof of that.This is why they got bamboo for each product.
Anyway,no other way to do that?
I have heard,dante's inferno will be with a game editor.
(02-06-2010, 08:32 PM)xboxflyer Wrote: hey.those are games,i frequently play.Is there any game editor or mods for them.I want to play my customs levels.I am expert in maya.But do not know

I'm afraid, no. How should a mod for a PS2 game work anyway? It's not programmed like a PC game you can install and modify some files from. I looked after such things myself and the only thing I found was a post in a forum, where someone used a hex editor to modify something in GTA: San Andreas. But he needed a "idiot-proof guide", like he said. However, it must've been pretty difficult. And I doubt that you can create levels by using a hex editor, but I'm honestly not very common with such editors. But changing numbers might be no good way to create a map^^.
Rejoice, they say. Color is back.
(02-06-2010, 11:10 PM)Bright-Warrior Wrote:
(02-06-2010, 08:32 PM)xboxflyer Wrote: hey.those are games,i frequently play.Is there any game editor or mods for them.I want to play my customs levels.I am expert in maya.But do not know

I'm afraid, no. How should a mod for a PS2 game work anyway? It's not programmed like a PC game you can install and modify some files from. I looked after such things myself and the only thing I found was a post in a forum, where someone used a hex editor to modify something in GTA: San Andreas. But he needed a "idiot-proof guide", like he said. However, it must've been pretty difficult. And I doubt that you can create levels by using a hex editor, but I'm honestly not very common with such editors. But changing numbers might be no good way to create a map^^.

yap,understand.But you said about Console games.But in case of Pc games,
say "prince of persia t2t".In there several files in the disk.In sound folder,there are some .big formatted file.In video,there bink file.So far,I can now change bink file of my own.Then i run game.And video have been modified.Same case should be in sound.But I need a .big file editor.I do not know such one.Anybody know it?
And the fact is,i wanna create a new level,then i might have to edit "pop3.bf" file.I do not know how can i do this.Any ".bf" editor.
Another interesting idea is to edit .forge file that ubisoft frequently use.But i do not know how?
(02-07-2010, 10:04 AM)xboxflyer Wrote: [...]yap,understand.But you said about Console games.But in case of Pc games,
say "prince of persia t2t".In there several files in the disk.In sound folder,there are some .big formatted file.In video,there bink file.So far,I can now change bink file of my own.Then i run game.And video have been modified.Same case should be in sound.But I need a .big file editor.I do not know such one.Anybody know it?
And the fact is,i wanna create a new level,then i might have to edit "pop3.bf" file.I do not know how can i do this.Any ".bf" editor.
Another interesting idea is to edit .forge file that ubisoft frequently use.But i do not know how?

Yes, this might be possible. But unfortunately, I have no clue how to do something like this^^. Perhaps this might also not be the right forum to find this out. But I wish you luck and that you make progress with your idea. And please let me know when you really succed in creating a level or a part of it. I'd die to see something like this^^.
Rejoice, they say. Color is back.
(02-07-2010, 10:04 AM)xboxflyer Wrote:
(02-06-2010, 11:10 PM)Bright-Warrior Wrote:

yap,understand.But you said about Console games.But in case of Pc games,

It's not just editing the filename and hoping it still goes, chances are the file format itself is a modified in-house only kinda deal. Not to mention that the file properties are sometimes baked into the rest of the code, meaning you can't just drop a different file in and have it play.

Creating new levels is damn near impossible if the developer didn't release tools to do it. The files on the retail disc are not the original files used to create the level, and are in general not modifiable. You have to program your own stuff to parse and compile the new levels, and if the file format isn't publicly known you're SOL.

Open up the .forge file with a hex editor and see what's inside. If it's gibberish to you, and a google search doesn't turn up anything in the way of .forge editors; I'd say let the idea die.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi