Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
monitor deleted !!!!!!!
Sad 
i downloaded the latest version of my sound card and i wanted to delete the old driver by Device manager
and i accidentally deleted the monitor ( not only the driver all of it the windows no longer detect it Huh )
Aero no longer work i cant choose the wright resolution just like deleting GPU driver Sad
i used Samsung ( yes the manufacture of my monitor ) driver disc but a problem occurred the install says that the CD is not Samsung CD Glare i have never used it in my life so i give it a shot
went to Samsung website but it was not useful
my monitor is BX1931
any help is greatly appreciated Wub

Sponsored links

As a last resort, you could try to re-install the drivers in in safe mode (make sure it's the mode WITH networking so you can re-download), which is usually accessed by pressing F8 when the PC is starting up.
Custom Desktop
CPU: Ivy Bridge Core i5 3570 3.4 GHz (3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)
RAM: 8192MB DDR3 SDRAM PC3-10600 1333
HDD: 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: MSI GeForce GTX 660 2 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio
How can you delete monitor? Did you do something in windows directory?
Have you tried reconnecting it?
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
Doesn't monitor use Microsoft generic driver? I didn't have to install anything on mine. In which case you could try find it on the net. Or in worst case reinstal windows.
All the symptoms points to the video driver is the missing part or it is corrupted, which forces Windows to use it's generic VGA (yes, probably you deleted the default win7 driver for your video card indeed). Still the quicker solution is reinstalling the actual manufacturer driver.

At some point windows will update that driver and the problem is gone, until then, nothing more than having to work with the VGA while the actual manufacturer's driver is lost or being updated.
Imagination is where we are truly real
default windows drivers cannot be deleted, the checkbox does not appear for default driverstore components.
(06-10-2011, 07:45 AM)abdo123 Wrote: i downloaded the latest version of my sound card and i wanted to delete the old driver
and i accidentally deleted the monitor ( not only the driver all of it the windows no longer detect it Huh )
Aero no longer work i cant choose the wright resolution just like deleting GPU driver Sad

Uh, Aero and resolution are not dependant on a "monitor driver". They are entirely dependant on your GPU.

That would be your problem. If you were actually using a driver for your monitor (and not the "Generic PnP Monitor"), it was and is not required for the use of Aero or proper resolution adjustment.
Quote:default windows drivers cannot be deleted, the checkbox does not appear for default driverstore components.
I'm not so sure to have understood what the OP did to remove the "monitor's" drive while trying to update the sound card driver, I just can imagine he did something less common than the normal procedures. Anyway, if the default driver for the brand was there it would work at least to give him more than VGA resolution.

My former answer still holds, the symptoms are of missing video drivers and the best solution for now is reinstalling the drivers from the actual videocard
manufacturer.

PS: At this point I think it might be indeed possible the default PnP monitor's driver got corrupted/removed... well, let's see. Should be possible to force it's driver uninstall and reinstall. For in this Leonhart is right, the actual driver is installed from the original which is kept safe from normal harm.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(06-10-2011, 01:19 PM)Game Wrote: How can you delete monitor? Did you do something in windows directory?

Device manager I'm afraid

(06-10-2011, 01:23 PM)GamerGeek Wrote: Have you tried reconnecting it?

yes still the same
(06-10-2011, 02:50 PM)Game Wrote: Doesn't monitor use Microsoft generic driver? I didn't have to install anything on mine. In which case you could try find it on the net. Or in worst case reinstal windows.
I deleted Microsoft generic driver
that's why I tried installing the driver from the CD

(06-10-2011, 03:24 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: All the symptoms points to the video driver is the missing part or it is corrupted, which forces Windows to use it's generic VGA (yes, probably you deleted the default win7 driver for your video card indeed). Still the quicker solution is reinstalling the actual manufacturer driver.

At some point windows will update that driver and the problem is gone, until then, nothing more than having to work with the VGA while the actual manufacturer's driver is lost or being updated.
Hmm I only deleted the monitor and GPU driver is installed and working (I updated it while ago not at the same time and it was working fine) could deleting the monitor corrupt it or something
(06-10-2011, 09:27 PM)Rezard Wrote: Uh, Aero and resolution are not dependant on a "monitor driver". They are entirely dependant on your GPU.

That would be your problem. If you were actually using a driver for your monitor (and not the "Generic PnP Monitor"), it was and is not required for the use of Aero or proper resolution adjustment.
I will try reinstalling the GPU driver
No the Generic PnP Monitor he was just detecting the proper resolution that's all
but the problem is that he no longer detect the monitor and because of that I can't chose the proper resolution I have a wide screen and the resolution is 1366x768 and it is not one of the "main" resolutions that windows offer
i will also try to connect another monitor maybe that will refresh the windows Wink