moving memcard from 0.9.6-> 0.9.8?
Is it possible to move memcards and savestates from that version and use it to a new version which is 0.9.8? Because I'm planning to install the new version. tnx. Smile
ExclCool

Sponsored links

Memcards, yes, savestates no.

so make sure you have all your saves up to date on your card Tongue and back them up before installing 0.9.8 just in case!
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

okay i'll try it. Smile tnx, bro.
ExclCool
(05-02-2011, 02:53 PM)refraction Wrote: Memcards, yes, savestates no.

so make sure you have all your saves up to date on your card Tongue and back them up before installing 0.9.8 just in case!

aww, that's too bad for me...Sad I have so many savestates in my games.... I regret myself, anyway. that's a lesson for me to save often than to make savestates frequently.Biggrin
Great thing about save states are that you can still load them in the old version then make a normal memory card save Wink
[Image: 2748844.png]
The usefulness of sstates is beyond doubts, but was never intended to replace the normal saves. There is no warranty they can be used even in between SVN versions. their strength is in allowing emergence saves until a save point is available. Never oversight that opportunity, remember the sstate is a memory dump; if for some reason the memory is already corrupted (let's say because an emulation flaw or a wrong cheat code or whatever reason) that corruption is "saved" and returns as soon the corrupted sstate is loaded and might charge it's toll later in the game.

For me the greater usefulness of sstate is to "cheat" those strategic battles when things go wrong... or to get those gambling characters which only join if you win their games... Smile or just it's a bless when the wife asks (read order) for attention...
Imagination is where we are truly real
(05-03-2011, 05:45 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: For me the greater usefulness of sstate is to "cheat" those strategic battles when things go wrong... or to get those gambling characters which only join if you win their games... Smile or just it's a bless when the wife asks (read order) for attention...

Or to have as a backup for those battles you can lose randomly between save points ><

Wouldn't know about the last part Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
yes it is VERY useful for cheating Smile
ExclCool
That's it... while in the emulator's version you made the sstates... load them and run to the first available save point; sstates can't be granted in between versions while the emulator is yet in heavy development.
Imagination is where we are truly real