mtvu hack question
Can I ask you a question? Why did you buy a 2600k when you are going to disable hyper threading? The only advantage over the 2500k that the 2600k has is hyper threading. The 2600k also costs $100 more. Also, 65c is perfectly fine. Makes me wonder...
MyAnimeList: http://www.myanimelist.net/profile/tyestor
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tyestor
Current PCSX2 version: v1.7.2460-windows-64bit-SSE4

The plural of anime is anime.

Sponsored links

I bought a 2600k because the money I spent was from a student loan that in the end I won't have to pay off due to working in a field that is government controlled. I had to spend all the stipend or I would of ended up having to give the money back. It's more for performance testing than anything else. Tried it without the HT on and It was stress testing at 51 degrees celsius so it did make a difference.
[Image: emja0x-6.png]
Hyperthreading is a waste of time in most home circumstances, it seldom gives much of a performance increase with of the temperature increase, especially considering the overclocking increase that you limit yourself from reaching by enabling it.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-12-2012, 02:11 AM)refraction Wrote: Hyperthreading is a waste of time in most home circumstances, it seldom gives much of a performance increase with of the temperature increase, especially considering the overclocking increase that you limit yourself from reaching by enabling it.

This is exactly my thought in the OP of the question. I now have 5.4 ghz overclock with it off at the same temps as I did at 4.9 with it on. and I haven't lost anything in any of the games I play to make a difference to turn it back on so in this case I believe it was a good idea.
So there was something NOT running at ~200% speed at 4,9 Ghz so you wanted to OC to 5,4? Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-12-2012, 02:28 AM)Bositman Wrote: So there was something NOT running at ~200% speed at 4,9 Ghz so you wanted to OC to 5,4? Tongue

lol I suppose that could be interpreted like that It's more along the lines of I wanted to see what it could do and at 1.412v at 5.4 ghz I think I am done. It's like I stated earlier I just wanted to push this thing as far as it could go while still working until april after april it won't matter if the chip fries cause i'm buying my ~newer~ rig so it was just a curiosity kinda thing. But it still runs stable and I play pcsx2 without lag or frame issues so i'm happy thanks for the replies sorry if this turned into less of a support thread and more of a conversation thread too ><
(03-12-2012, 02:41 AM)Flokk Wrote: lol I suppose that could be interpreted like that It's more along the lines of I wanted to see what it could do and at 1.412v at 5.4 ghz I think I am done. It's like I stated earlier I just wanted to push this thing as far as it could go while still working until april after april it won't matter if the chip fries cause i'm buying my ~newer~ rig so it was just a curiosity kinda thing. But it still runs stable and I play pcsx2 without lag or frame issues so i'm happy thanks for the replies sorry if this turned into less of a support thread and more of a conversation thread too ><
+^_^+ ahem, well, if your machine fries or if your getting rid of it, I'll gladly recycle it for free for you *winks*+^_^+
Signature purposefully left blank.
that said, Hyperthreading only increases heat if you actually make use of the hyperthreads, windows is quite good in not using them unless apps are specifically made to utilise as many logical threads as are available.