my CPU gets... overclocked???
whenever i play yu-gi-oh GX: Beginning of Destiny (only PS2 game i got that's still playable :/) both my (2x) cores goes into a speed of 1.77 GHz, while what should be max on my computer is 1.66 GHz, and the cpu gets heated to ~70-80 °C and fans going full speed

not that there's anything wrong with that (im planning to buy a new laptop anyhow, when i get the money.. xD) but how does this happen?

i'm running *speedhack*
my BIOS doesn't allow any overclocking

i've tried 2 diffrent programs to "overclock while windows running" (doesn't work)

i doubt its some "speed feature" of my cpu, when any other program use ~100 cpu, its still 1.66 ghz

(ps: message written in a hurry, prob some typos)

Sponsored links

What are your specs?

It really does sound like cool'n'quiet or something similar.
What are you measuring your clock speed with?

-I overclock with programs as my bios doesn't allow it (I suggest you google+download 'clockgen' and 'central brain identifier' if you want to overclock it)
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3600+ @2.33GHz
NVIDIA Geforce 9500GT 512MB @C:600MHz M:475MHz
2GB DDR2-333 @778MHz
Vista Ultimate x86

Certain techs, like asus N.O.S. allow pc to automatically overclock itself if needed.
i use Intel® Processor Identification Utility to check my speed

Genuine Intel® CPU T2300 @ 1.66 GHz (2x of them)
1 GB ram
(no clue what my ram chip is called, cant find any drivers for them installed, and i miss 4x drivers for my hardware after a reformat <.<)
Well i have the same problem but i have no clue whats causing it.
if i listen to music and do other stuff the fan doesant start.
But if i enter a game the fan starts going crazy for no aparent reason and it starts heating up.It started acting like this for no aparent reasonWacko.
It might be dust in the fan or it might be something else.
Did you try reinstalling windows?
Hans to have more info about the processor use CPU-Z and check before and after when you are using pcsx2 and post the two screenshots but it's is normal to get that temp. if in the fan have dust or the case have little air circulation.

xSeraphin reinstalling Windows it is not a solution like a said when the pc work with something that requiere more cpu (like games, coding ect) more the temp will be and how much depend of the temperture of the room, the cooler of the cpu ect ect ect.
(04-21-2009, 12:14 PM)Hans Henrik Wrote: whenever i play yu-gi-oh GX: Beginning of Destiny (only PS2 game i got that's still playable :/) both my (2x) cores goes into a speed of 1.77 GHz, while what should be max on my computer is 1.66 GHz, and the cpu gets heated to ~70-80 °C and fans going full speed

not that there's anything wrong with that (im planning to buy a new laptop anyhow, when i get the money.. xD) but how does this happen?

i'm running *speedhack*
my BIOS doesn't allow any overclocking

i've tried 2 diffrent programs to "overclock while windows running" (doesn't work)

i doubt its some "speed feature" of my cpu, when any other program use ~100 cpu, its still 1.66 ghz

(ps: message written in a hurry, prob some typos)

This will be good if u have posted your PC Specs 1st.

[Image: devilmaycry4wallpaper09.png]
(04-21-2009, 03:26 PM)xSeraphim Wrote: Well i have the same problem but i have no clue whats causing it.
if i listen to music and do other stuff the fan doesant start.
But if i enter a game the fan starts going crazy for no aparent reason and it starts heating up.It started acting like this for no aparent reasonWacko.
It might be dust in the fan or it might be something else.
Did you try reinstalling windows?

That's because when you play your processor gets loaded to 100% and it causes it to HEAT UP(oh my f****** god). And fans have tendency to DIE especially the stock ones.
Quote:Hans to have more info about the processor use CPU-Z and check before and after when you are using pcsx2 and post the two screenshots

I was going to say that lol

I'm pretty sure it's intel speedstep(your cpu supports it) that is putting up your clock speed. If you want to stop it go into your bios and look for the setting and disable it.

+If you do want to overclock, I again recommend clockgen and cbid.

EDIT: just realized pretty much none of this is emu related, and shouldn't really be here.. guess I got carried away sorry
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3600+ @2.33GHz
NVIDIA Geforce 9500GT 512MB @C:600MHz M:475MHz
2GB DDR2-333 @778MHz
Vista Ultimate x86

How do you OC via Clockgen when you don't know your PLL or it isn't even supported? Is there a way?

I mean the clock generator name.
SAGER NP8690 | i7-620M 2.66Ghz | 6GB RAM | ATI 5870M 1GB GDDR5 | FullHD 1080p 15.6'' | 500GB HDD 7200RPM | WINDOWS 7