my PCSX2 is super slow
(07-20-2016, 03:29 AM)scythefwd Wrote: flatout, that might be getting his hopes up a bit, my i7 with stp of 1300 requires speed hacks to run KH at native resolutions.. its not much less demanding that ffx..

granted, he might be able to get it at full speed with ee slowdown and +3 vu, and mtvu.. but at what cost to visual fidelity?
People have been playing this game and FFX with STR's of less than 900 at enjoyable levels, so he should be able to as well.

Sponsored links

oh.. i finished KH without some slowdown except in beginning..
in KH2. it's bit slow like my fps is 49 to 60 because of speedhack.. is that what i have to do or i will never get good result with this computer? like increase my fps?
That's probably the best you'll get out of that CPU I'm afraid.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

how sad.. but thanks anyway..
Have you tried supervu? I don't know it's compatibility with KH, but isn't it faster in some cases?
Trust me, That is all you will get from your AMD APU... I'm currently running on a AMD APU A8-7410 w/ R5 Graphics @2.5Ghz
Don't expect 100% (specially in FMV's). You won't be able to run 3d intensive games at 100% at all (yes, That includes KH2 or 1 for that matter).
AMD CPU's just doesn't fare well with emulation, Specially APU's
flatout.. i cant maintain 60 fps without speedhacks and jacked up sound...
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
(07-20-2016, 10:54 AM)FlatOut Wrote: People have been playing this game and FFX with STR's of less than 900 at enjoyable levels, so he should be able to as well.

You realize that the KH2 engine was overhauled massively. KH2 requires much better hardware than KH1 or FFX
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(07-20-2016, 10:54 AM)FlatOut Wrote: People have been playing this game and FFX with STR's of less than 900 at enjoyable levels, so he should be able to as well.

Sometimes it's not even the STR's in play, you have to be concious that It might not seven be playable. If it doesn't meet min Requirements, the it should be considered as Unplayable and/or incompatible (Even if it runs at a decent speed, take me as an example, I don't meet min Req, but I still use it. But you don't see me complaint about it since I don't have a proper CPU to test PCSX2 properly). So, the least I can do is share my personal experience so far, And I Know It's not possible to run KH2 at full speed (Default settings), and/or hack your way to it with that CPU/GPU.

Best of luck to you grevorn....PEACE!!!