Poll: Has this happened to you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
37.50%
3 37.50%
No
62.50%
5 62.50%
It did and I fixed it
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

my computer crashes after loading an iso in any pcsx2 version including 0.9.7 r3113
(07-20-2010, 09:27 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: The lacking of reports about hard crash (bsod) running PCSX2 should be an alert something is wrong with your machine and the emu is just exposing whatever it may be.

PSU has been victim of the same syndrome that plagues Audio Amplifiers, unrealistic Wattage specifications that are valid only for short period loads (transient) and can't keep up under real and continuous stress, you should not neglect this possibility at least to be sure it's not the problem.

Still there is no place for speculations when the Event Log probably would tell you what actually happened/happens.

Repeating, again and every times it's needed: This kind of crash in Windows 7 is almost always driver issues or hardware failure, something more serious and can kill your machine/data if not chased down and corrected in time.

PS: if the mother board is nforce chipset driven you should look ASAP for yours disks integrity.

I'll look into it but about 2 months ago i went chasing down the websites to update my drivers manually as windows update in vista broke for some unknown reason and i am currently fully updated on all my drivers the last time i checked, but if i find any outdated drivers I'll be sure to let you know as it would most likely be helpful to others experiencing the same problem as me(through scouring the web about a month ago i did find i wasn't the first)

also my motherboard is ASUS P5Q3(the regular one not the deluxe) my hard drive is Hitachi(don't know the exact model#) my RAM is Corsair Platinum and my speakers are Realtek High Definition audio and i just found out apparently also Nvidia High Definition Audio. it's just a guess but could the new appearance of the Nvidia HD Audio driver be causing the crash when using pcsx2?
Take a look at what Naruto is really like. XD
just click for a better quality version.
[Image: g15g5-gif]

Sponsored links

The P5Q3 uses Intel chipset what eliminates the PS in my former post, it's OK. You should have Realtek audio drivers I can't imagine what the Nvidia HD audio is doing there but I can't tell it being a problem too.

Still you didn't say you did what you NEED to do that is looking into the event viewer for the critical/errors that certainly will be there since the BSOD.

To avoid having to search this very thread again for the way to do it:

Control Panel -> administrative tools -> Computer management -> Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> system

Look for messages with red signals marked as error or critical

PS: to facilitate the search use filter under Actions in the rightmost window, click the "filter current log" and mark "Error" and "Critical" (so only they will show up).
Imagination is where we are truly real
if you use the SSE2 or SSSE3 plugins do they crash?
(07-20-2010, 10:13 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: The P5Q3 uses Intel chipset what eliminates the PS in my former post, it's OK. You should have Realtek audio drivers I can't imagine what the Nvidia HD audio is doing there but I can't tell it being a problem too.

Still you didn't say you did what you NEED to do that is looking into the event viewer for the critical/errors that certainly will be there since the BSOD.

To avoid having to search this very thread again for the way to do it:

Control Panel -> administrative tools -> Computer management -> Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> system

Look for messages with red signals marked as error or critical

PS: to facilitate the search use filter under Actions in the rightmost window, click the "filter current log" and mark "Error" and "Critical" (so only they will show up).

sorry about not being more clear earlier i did check and one of the constant appearances in event manager was something called SPTD which I'm assuming is SPTD.sys one of the hidden drivers in device manager that was outdated. i updated it and reinstalled Norton security suite(right now I'm glad i use comcast or I'd be screwed) and so far the freezing that started appearing after i posted last stopped.

also it does happen in sse2 and ssse3.

P.S. i found out that in my temp folder i had a couple exploit Trojans and tracking cookies that most likely appeared after i had to uninstall norton360 due to my subscription expiring and it most likely happened during the time when all i had was windows firewall on during the time i was acquiring Microsoft Security Suite and a working version of Windows Defender which was about 30 minutes of being unprotected due to being antivirus program and antimalware program free. but now that they are gone I'll test out pcsx2 3113 once my computer is finished being scanned and optimized by Norton. i should have a post by tomorrow depending on if my computer freezes again or nothing happens and i get zoned out in front of my favorite game.
(07-20-2010, 08:43 PM)OniTenshu Wrote: many and as for what everyone else is saying no my GPU is not overclocked and neither is anything else on my computer everything is set to their default settings both in the bios and in their control panels. also it's not a hardware problem either as i just bought a new graphics card because the constant freezing crashing and error screens that look like a bsod that only happened while using the 3113 beta(I'm not testing it on any other pcsx2 version until this is fixed as i don't have 1000's of dollars to waste on new gpu's every time pcsx2 destroys one)

The most unstable GPU I ever used was brand spanking new and was considerably LESS stable when not overclocked. Don't expect modern technology to make sense in the 'common sense' sort of way.

Quote:well anyways that's all i have to say until this is fixed as i would really like to play my favorite game again and if it's not I'm just going to buy a new ps2 so i don't have t deal with this ***** anymore.

PCSX2 is free. Really. If you don't want to deal with this crap and want the luxury of being able to cry yourself a tech support/warranty river then, by all means, shell out some money. That's still how most of the world works: free stuff usually isn't all that wonderful. It's just convenient.

(07-20-2010, 08:43 PM)OniTenshu Wrote: and as for your theory on this program being the most taxing on my computer: not even close when i first got my computer i did so many stress tests at once it would make your heart stop and i did the same with my new high end video card as well and nether had much of a problem at all doing the 10 stress tests that i made it do at once to test out how efficient it would be on hot days when I'm gaming or making/editing full HD videos.

Running multiple stress tests at once actually lessens the actual stress on your CPU and GPU. More time is spent performing thread context switches, GPU task scheduling, etc. Yes your whole system will run slower and feel like its working really hard, but in reality its actually not working as hard as it does when running one or two specific stress tests that are specially designed to maximize heat and memory bus burst rates, etc.

(07-20-2010, 08:43 PM)OniTenshu Wrote: and one more thing I'll say it again in case you didn't read it before i don't have anything on my computer overclocked in the slightest bit and they aren't underclocked(or whatever that's called) either and to top it off i just bought a new high end graphics card and the only time i ever get these problems is with pcsx2(not only the betas but the stable releases too) .

And one thing I'll say is that PCSX2 uses the same DirectX as every other game and stress test on your system. DirectX 9 and newer are designed in such a way that hard crashing a computer via them is nearly impossible. One exception: Improper use of DirectX can allocate all available system ram, which doesn't crash your machine so much as just slow it down to the point where it can take minutes to open a menu or close an app. If PCSX2 is buggy, the very worst it can do is crash itself. Your system will remain stable, unless:

* your GPU drivers are buggy (currently neither ATI nor nvidia have had any known issues with PCSX2 and hard locks or bluescreens -- ATI drivers have had some issues with bluescreens in other games tho).

* your gpu or your motherboard's pci express bus are unstable; either due to hardware failure or insufficient power output from your PSU.

In the modern age of computing (and I assure you that you are part of it, since you're running an OS newer than Windows XP), these are the only real causes of BSODs. If you have BSODs or hard locks, its almost certain your problem is either drivers or failing hardware.

Concluded.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
SPTD is used by Daemon and Alcohol among a few others applications of the type, it's known to be incompatible with MS kernel mode debugger and actually may lead to hard crash and yes, PCSX2 do have problem with it (albeit I think only in Vista and 7) and it's cause of some threads involving virtual drivers here.

Just avoid using the virtual driver when playing PCSX2, you can use "Iso" at the GUI and browse it directly... you can select use the CDVDnul plugin if not using physical CD/DVD device... or use the Linus ISO plugin and select the ISO in it.

But you must be aware using the Linux ISO plugin still is using "plugin" and not "Iso" at the GUI and to use "Iso" in the GUI you must NOT mount the game elsewhere, not even in the Linus ISO (although not leading to immediate problem like hardware messages, it's still conflicting).

PS: you could have had this information long ago.
Imagination is where we are truly real
well now that my system has been scanned and cleaned and is now problem free i will test out pcsx2 tomorrow once i get a little sleep.
I'll make sure to post after i test it out and tell you if i fixed my problems.

also for anyone experiencing the same problem i had it's most likely a exploit Trojan or 2 like i had and Microsoft security essentials won't find it if you do have one as mine were hiding in the temp folder and it never detected it.
so make sure to make use of the free Norton and Mcafee scans that come with some software just to be safe.

until i test out pcsx2 tomorrow i can't guarantee that you can game again but i can guarantee that you can watch videos and surf the web without getting high blood pressure from wondering when your computer will crash

oh and one last thing my computers drivers are all up to date as of a couple hours ago though I'm uninstalling virtual clone drive just to be safe.
would be better if you just format the pc again...
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
(07-21-2010, 06:58 AM)iakoboss7 Wrote: would be better if you just format the pc again...

you'd think so but when i was still using vista i did just that and the problem only got worse on a monthly basis until about 3 months ago when it changed from months to weeks to days then it went to hours and when i got completely sick of it i only started in safe mode using the absolute necessities and that held it off until last week when my graphics card finally died. but at least i got a good graphics card out of it.
then all that time it was the graphic card lol... but well as you found you got some viruses etc.. you should reformat..
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest