Poll: Has this happened to you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
37.50%
3 37.50%
No
62.50%
5 62.50%
It did and I fixed it
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

my computer crashes after loading an iso in any pcsx2 version including 0.9.7 r3113
Exclamation 
all i do is load the game and within 5-13 minutes my computer crashes or freezes and every once and awhile it gives me an error screen with a blue background that only looks similar to a BSOD. the game I'm playing(or trying to) is Persona 4
and my computer configuration is:
.txt   DxDiag.txt (Size: 38,61 KB / Downloads: 344) the short version is:
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8190MB RAM
Page File: 2760MB used, 13618MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 64bit Unicode
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 240
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GT 240
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0CA3&SUBSYS_075B196E&REV_A2
Display Memory: 4058 MB
Dedicated Memory: 474 MB
Shared Memory: 3583 MB
Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: Sceptre
Monitor Id: SPT2094
Native Mode: 1680 x 1050(p) (59.883Hz)
Output Type: DVI
Graphics Memory Type: GDDR5 512MB
Ram Type: DDR3 8GB

this isn't the first card this has happened on either and as far as i can tell the constant appearance of these crashes and freezes fried my last graphics card as the card was fine until i was bombarded with the constant crashing and freezing here's the info for my last cards dxdiag test:
.txt   DxDiag64.txt (Size: 34,65 KB / Downloads: 321)
Take a look at what Naruto is really like. XD
just click for a better quality version.
[Image: g15g5-gif]

Sponsored links

PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings? Any screenshots? Console log? What's the error you get?

Not a bug report, moved.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
i just use the default settings in gsdx sse41 and the recommended settings in spu2-x. i also use an xbox360 controller(only 'cuz i don't have a ps2 usb controller) and i'm using the usa v2.00 bios.

as for screenshots that will have to come at a later time when i know how to take a screenshot as it's been awhile and the program i used before is gone due to reformatting.
There is no way PCSX2 is causing your computer to hard lock in this fashion. Either your GPU hardware is overclocked and unstable, overheating, or plain malfunctioning.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Have you ever ran any stability/stress test with said GPU(s)?
Air is right, to pinpoint whatever is happening with your machine read the System log (it can be done in the next reboot).

To reach it right click the "Computer" icon -> "Manage", explode the "Event Viewer" to expose "Windows Logs" and finally "system"

Take note of the Critical and errors, together should appear several information and warning messages you can ignore at first.

Another road to reach the log is from "Control Panel" -> "Administrative Tools" -> "Computer Management".

PS: Actually you may have the former entries for the fatal events still in the log, try the filters.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Most likely hardware failure, pcsx2 simply exposing it for you since I bet it is the most demanding app you've ever tried hence any instability will surface.

My main suspect is your PSU, what is the brand and power measurement?
(07-20-2010, 05:53 AM)Rezard Wrote: Have you ever ran any stability/stress test with said GPU(s)?

many and as for what everyone else is saying no my GPU is not overclocked and neither is anything else on my computer everything is set to their default settings both in the bios and in their control panels. also it's not a hardware problem either as i just bought a new graphics card because the constant freezing crashing and error screens that look like a bsod that only happened while using the 3113 beta(I'm not testing it on any other pcsx2 version until this is fixed as i don't have 1000's of dollars to waste on new gpu's every time pcsx2 destroys one)

well anyways that's all i have to say until this is fixed as i would really like to play my favorite game again and if it's not I'm just going to buy a new ps2 so i don't have t deal with this ***** anymore.

my brand is PNY and my psu is more than sufficient to power everything in my computer as my computer came prebuilt and my new gpu sucks less power than the one that got fried.
and as for your theory on this program being the most taxing on my computer: not even close when i first got my computer i did so many stress tests at once it would make your heart stop and i did the same with my new high end video card as well and nether had much of a problem at all doing the 10 stress tests that i made it do at once to test out how efficient it would be on hot days when I'm gaming or making/editing full HD videos.

but if you want a number my psu is a 480-650w and my graphics card only needs 300w or greater minimum which is 100 less than my last card that came with the computer needed.

and one more thing I'll say it again in case you didn't read it before i don't have anything on my computer overclocked in the slightest bit and they aren't underclocked(or whatever that's called) either and to top it off i just bought a new high end graphics card and the only time i ever get these problems is with pcsx2(not only the betas but the stable releases too) .
and lastly no other program that uses sse(any version), ssse3, direct3d(any version), directx(any version), fullscreen(any type), or virtual machines gives my computer anything close to these problems in fact my computer has no problems whatsoever doing anything i tell it to as long as it's not using pcsx2. also i had this problem in vista as well not just windows 7.

and as far as the error log on my computer it never creates errors when my computer fails. if it did i would've fixed the problem already as my uncle and 2 of my best friends dads can fix both software and hardware problems with their eyes closed if they wanted to.

and as for screenshots of my settings just tell me what program to use and be able to show you my configuration
No really, bad psu can and will cause your whole pc to fail, even on stock setting, eventually. Try running any stress test and I bet something similar will happen (don't try this though as I'm sure there will be another casualty).

And GT240 is a mid-end card (now low-end if you factor ATi card).
The lacking of reports about hard crash (bsod) running PCSX2 should be an alert something is wrong with your machine and the emu is just exposing whatever it may be.

PSU has been victim of the same syndrome that plagues Audio Amplifiers, unrealistic Wattage specifications that are valid only for short period loads (transient) and can't keep up under real and continuous stress, you should not neglect this possibility at least to be sure it's not the problem.

Still there is no place for speculations when the Event Log probably would tell you what actually happened/happens.

Repeating, again and every times it's needed: This kind of crash in Windows 7 is almost always driver issues or hardware failure, something more serious and can kill your machine/data if not chased down and corrected in time.

PS: if the mother board is nforce chipset driven you should look ASAP toward yours disks integrity. It seems to specially dislike bigger files like ISOs and such...
Imagination is where we are truly real