my gran tourismo 4 stops when i start the mode
in my computer...i think i have configured the pcsx2 9.8
in the best way and can play almost all games...
but unable to play GT4 ..
the game starts normally...
but when i select the game mode(school/arcade)...it stops working...
plz help me
Sad

Sponsored links

A bit more info, about which PCSX version, what your hardware specifications are, would help alot, of what I've been reading on this forum, is that Gran Turismo 4 is quite a heavy game Smile
Try the latest development build, it fixes some crashes in GT4 (and few more games).
http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

Post here if it works.
thanx its working now....
but its very slow
even after i activated the speed hack 'agressive plus'
my resolution is original ps2 resolution
GT4 is one of the hardest games to emulate so unless your CPU is a modern one clocked at around 4 Ghz (or maybe more) you will not get playable speeds.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
i've got core i 5..
which provides 3.1 ghz of speed
can u plz suggest me a graphic card for better performance
Smile
I've been playing with settings for this game too. For me it responds pretty well to "2" VU cycle stealing with the MTVU hack enabled for VU threading. I also have no clamping on the VUs. No idea if that even gives you speed really but it didn't seem to break anything.. I think one of the presets disables it aswell. I can't get full speed on this with 3.4 Ghz but it's staying pretty steady when you set the frame rate to about 50 fps besides the occasional hang. You'll need to edit "PCSX2 VU" with notepad under "My Documents\PCSX2\inis\" to set it to 50 manually. Let me know what you get. Smile
P.S. I'm sure if you're only running at native res then you'll be fine with whatever gpu you're running. As Bositman said before this game is very cpu heavy. My GS (graphics) stays at around 60% with 2x res. It's almost always the EE (engine) maxing out.
(09-09-2011, 11:49 AM)Bositman Wrote: GT4 is one of the hardest games to emulate so unless your CPU is a modern one clocked at around 4 Ghz (or maybe more) you will not get playable speeds.
The CPU does not matter much IMO. This game is a GPU killer. At native resolution my HD 4570 hits 100% usage while the game runs at 20 FPS (both EE and GS is less than 80%).

I do not want to hi-jack a thread but my question is related and I don't want to start a new GT4 topic: I select 1080i output but the game still looks pixelated as if it is 640x448. Does anyone try this?
(09-11-2011, 08:43 AM)Livy Wrote: The CPU does not matter much IMO. This game is a GPU killer. At native resolution my HD 4570 hits 100% usage while the game runs at 20 FPS (both EE and GS is less than 80%).

I do not want to hi-jack a thread but my question is related and I don't want to start a new GT4 topic: I select 1080i output but the game still looks pixelated as if it is 640x448. Does anyone try this?

I guess that GPU is pretty weak...I got only 30% usage at native with my 9800GTX, although the game did use up almost all 512mb of VRAM my card has. At native I could reach 120 FPS and still not have my graphics card be the bottleneck. I could also pull off 70-80 FPS in 3x native, although then the GPU was indeed the bottleneck.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Hey guys, i dont want to open a new thread, so ill just ask here. Smile

My Gran Turismo 4 (ntsc version) works alright everywhere, mostly full speed. But when i do B license tests, it crashes at the 5th test and the 6th. Well the program doesnt actually crash, it just doesnt go nowhere. The FPS rate and EE % move a little, but that's that. Has anyone had this problem, and is it possible to solve it? I tried switching to ZeroGS but it's the same thing.

About 100 lines like this one pop out in the debug window:

Code:
(EE pc:005A47B0) TLB Miss, addr=0x2000000 [load]

And this pops out when the program crashes, at the 6th stage, the 5th sometimes:

Code:
..\..\FiFo.cpp(47) : assertion failed:
    Function:  ReadFIFO_VIF1
    Thread:    EE Core
    Condition: vif1Regs.stat.FQC != 0

Stacktrace:
[00] 0x0147A9E3                                  
[01] 0x013E42E0                                  
[02] 0x0159E1C8                                  
[03] 0x0129F08F                                  
[04] 0x0129F58A                                  
[05] ptw32_throw                                
[06] endthreadex                                
[07] endthreadex                                
[08] BaseThreadInitThunk                        
[09] RtlInitializeExceptionChain                
[10] RtlInitializeExceptionChain

My specs are:

Intel core i5 750 @ 3,6 ghz
2 GB DDR 3 1600 mhz
Geforce 8800 GTS

I tried with multiple revs, even the last one, gave up after 4 hours or something and turned to you Smile