nVidia or ATI *new to forums*
So if I intend on using it full screen most (if not all) of the time I shouldn't have to worry about tweaking the 2d settings via BIOS or RivaTuner?

I'm new to this graphics tweaking thing. It seems really interested I have had my hand at overclocking so its not totally foreign to me.

Sponsored links

If your new to changing the graphics settings, i definitely wouldn't try bios flashing because you can mess up your card Tongue2

You can use rivatuner to overclock, which is easy enough Smile
(03-05-2009, 10:26 PM)tjcinnamon Wrote: So for the internal res is it good practice to keep the numbers equal like 1024x1024 as opposed to 1024x768?

The thing that is throwing me off about the internal res is I am so used to seeing "standard" monitor resolutions and they are always wider than they are tall.

I am not used to seeing those numbers be equal so I am having trouble understanding their configurations.

To attempt to word it better and in the form of a question.

Do you always keep them equal?

Is it good practice to keep them in a base 2 value (i.e. 512, 1024, 2048)?

Thanks,
JOe K.

Any suggestions regarding the internal res settings?

Thanks for all of your support (again, this is one of the better forums I have been to),
JOe K.
It is usually better to stick to the same ratio as your monitor resolution (eg. 1280 x 1024)

doubling the pixels of your monitor resolution will give 2x2 supersampling (similar to 4xaa in pc games)

You will get a performance decrease if you go too high though Smile (a lot of people don't see any difference after 2048 x 2048 though)
(03-06-2009, 12:33 AM)Jasperking Wrote: It is usually better to stick to the same ratio as your monitor resolution (eg. 1280 x 1024)

doubling the pixels of your monitor resolution will give 2x2 supersampling (similar to 4xaa in pc games)

You will get a performance decrease if you go too high though Smile (a lot of people don't see any difference after 2048 x 2048 though)

So if my monitor resolution is 1024X768 then I should (could) move the internal res to 2048X1536?
Well you could really have it anywhere between there Smile but its meant to be better in the same ratio (4:3 for you) 1536 x 1152 for example
I'm totally going to buy a gtx285 soon!
Did you see the results of changing the internal res? Tongue2
It looks nice hence the card I can't afford that will soon be purchased.

I am installing my 120GB vertex tomorrow. My machine is going to be a powerhouse.
I hope you can get good results with your new computer Smile. (don't go too overpriced on the components, don't forget that you can overclock)

You may want to get a quad core for the future but atm a faster dual core will run the best with pcsx2