Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need a cool memory clock
short for nerds. anybody here knows a safe tool to dynamicly clock gate (cool and quiet) the memory clock, or even if so even the system bus to achieve that? i'm kinda flooded with nonsense on google.

thing is i throttled the cpu with the multi and the voltage. but my ram burns with the system bus and the summer heat (a beast Wink). not cool. you know?!

Sponsored links

hmm, i don't know if you can, as memory is generally relative to the bus speed on the machine, which never changes. CPU's slow down with the multiplier, but the bus speed stays constant. I don't know what the impact would be on adjusting the bus speed on the fly, but there must be a reason Tongue2

only thing i can suggest is putting better heat spreaders on your memory or putting a fan over it, or some fancy ducting Tongue
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
lol. yeah... i could modify the case and put some in but it's not what i wanna do with the lap. open wholes for more dirt you know?! also i thought about those ram dividers when overclocking. there could be some tool to manage the dynamicly to safe cycles to keep them cool. the graphics card does it too. simple idea. maybe is all wrong. maybe all the innards are too "hot" and i just notice it the on the left hand tray. maybe i have to live it. Laugh
I think the problem is shifting them without causing desyncs in the process, cos that would just crash windows ;p
don't let me go nuts on that timing. but i think it wouldn't even cause much trouble. if the memory dispatcher waits for all ack_writes and only switches when there's zero movement. so no collisions or off timing. Wink it's like a beer case where you put the beer in fast for a minute (a granularity). then wait check... and do it slower. wait chack... do it faster. you's the dispatcher with two arms (channels). the cpu and threads put their data in a memory queue/the cache only anyway. Wink

back to the variable memclock idea. i think it's already working... just that i don't see it. or is there a tool to see the actual ram frequency?

in the end it's still damn hot outside. let me enjoy that and grab a "cache line" of my virtual memory dispatch. Laugh
CPU-Z does real time updating of RAM speed.
I think he wants something that alters the clocks depending on system needs, not a reporting tool Smile
As far as I know there's no way of doing that right now.
What you want is a drastic dynamic underclock of the FSB and that's unstable.
unstable? why? it's just slowing down the signal frequency. nothing unstable. there's barely any stuff that happens onboard without any handshakes and commands to be acklowledged. but i guess you know that. coding a ps2 emulator. Wink