need help on how to fix jak 2 renegade
ok so i decided to start playing jak 2 renegade *pal* on pcsx2 *i also played jak and daxter and the precursor legacy on it* but those annoying shadows are starting to annoy me alot is there anyway of fixing this ive seen something about allowing hacks in gsdx but i just can't find that .ini file while using PCSX2 0.9.8 because i saw someone playing the game on youtube and the skin and eyes looked perfect and no i don't want to switch to software mode because 1. it does not fix the shadows for me 2. it looks wierd and its slow. im also posting a picture to show the problem.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--------------------------------
Intel core i5 2500k OC @ 4.5 ghz
ATI Radeon HD 6970 OC
8gb DDR3 Corsair vengeance

Sponsored links

That GSdx.ini file would be in one of two locations:

If you used the PCSX2 Installer, the file's default location would be in "My Documents\PCSX2\inis\".

If you used the PCSX2 Binary package, the file's default location would be in the directory you've extracted PCSX2 into, inside the inis folder.

Find your relevant GSdx.ini file, and add the following line to the bottom:

allowHacks=1

The hidden GSdx hacks will now show in the configuration. Smile
If you go into the installation folder of PCSX2, you can find a file named "gsdx.ini" inside of the "Inis" folder.

If you type "Allowhacks=1" into the file and save it, the hacks subsection of GSdx (config>Video (GS)>Plugin Settings) will come available to you. You can then use the skipdraw hack to attempt to remove the shadows. If I recall correctly, I think the correct value to do this was 5, but Jak's eyes will be missing. I recommend starting from 1 and working your way up.

Hope this helps.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
thanks Smile and theres no way to fix jaks hair and eyes *including daxters* the shadows are gone but the hair and the eye textures are curropt well 1 of jaks eyes atleast
ATI Radeon HD 6970 OC
ok so now i found something wierd *this only happens when zooming up close to jak and daxter... the textures *which are actually supposed to be in the eyes are now on the side doesn't annoy but just wanted to say Smile *posted a picture*

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

ATI Radeon HD 6970 OC
Daxter looks dizzy. lol

Yeah, it could very well be an error that's currently only fixed with a software renderer (IDK personally, since I don't have this title). It wouldn't be the only game that's in that boat. Smile