need help setting up FF12
i been trying to get a playable setting but it always lag..
i see fps running at least 25fps but frames will repeat itself like every 2 sec..
for example you hear the word "HI" after .3 second you will hear "Hi" again..

I am using PCSX2.0.9.4
Window Vista 64 pro
Intel Core I7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
6GB DDR3 ram
GeForce GTX 260 896MB

Very appreciated.

Sponsored links

Try pcsx2 playground, try with speed hacks max x2 cycle rate and advance option. If doesnt enought try with vu skip, and please take shearch function for same thread like your in this forum.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
pardon me for hijacking the thread, but i didn't really want to open yet another one about ff12. I have a question about it's music: while playing it with pcsx2 the music sounds kinda like if it's midi, as opposed to the game's OST which is fully orchestral. so is this intentional? haven't seen anyone asking about this anywhere
(02-11-2009, 11:15 AM)nilcalion Wrote: pardon me for hijacking the thread, but i didn't really want to open yet another one about ff12. I have a question about it's music: while playing it with pcsx2 the music sounds kinda like if it's midi, as opposed to the game's OST which is fully orchestral. so is this intentional? haven't seen anyone asking about this anywhere

depends on your sound plugin settings.
latest spu2ghz is ok for this game AFAIK
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Midi 0_o
What the plugin are you using for audio?
About plugins sound i prefer to use old p.e.o.ps spu2 1.6 sound driver and about news in pcsx2 rev.470-471 (after merge) plugin Spu2ghz is great sound now without squeaky shoes anymore.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
its the same with any sound plugin i tried, which are the following:
SPU2ghz Playground 1.9.0
ZeroSPU2 0.4.6
PEOps SPU2 1.9.0

don't get me wrong, the notes and the tempo are right, but its as if they're played on fewer or simpler instruments. can't really explain myself very well, but i'm gonna try and get samples from both of them for comparison

EDIT: oh yeah, forgot to mention that with SPU2ghz I can only play with DirectSound, since XAudio2 wont initialize (playing from windowsxp if it has anything to do with that)
Something weird with your sound card, I believe. Coz I have good sound quality in FF12.
http://files.filefront.com/ff12musiccomp...einfo.html

here are the 2 samples. the volume of the one from the emulator is kinda low, but you can hear the difference
Can you compare the ingame SPU2GHZ music to the OST? Isn't the OST touched up?
Maybe compare SPU2GHZ to how it sounds on the real PS2?