need help use pcsx2 how to play PS2 use DVD PS2
i confuse whit them i can play cos i am have DVD PS2 but how use them on emlatorWacko

Sponsored links

If running from a DVD disc: CDVD set to "Plugin", Config->Plugin/BIOS selector->On CDVD choose Gigaherz CDVD->Configure it and choose your proper DVDrom drive letter and finally System->Boot CD/DVD (fast)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I did something simpler that I am pretty sure did the same thing, because I did what the guy above me said to do after doing what I did, and it was set to the E: (disk) drive.
CDVD -> Plugin Menu -> Plugin settings
btw, I did that but it still didn't work Sad any other suggestions?
*insert missing signature*
What happened?
I basically got a blank screen, I remember looking once at the top of the emulation window, and it had the name of the disk, but the game itself never started. I noticed that the disk looked a little damaged, but I threw it into my *real* ps2, and it worked...
At least, It loaded those pre-menu stuff, I took it out after that, assuming that if it worked that far on my ps2, it should work that far on my emulator.
If it helps, I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 (duo core, 2 gb ram) with windows 7 (converted from Vista) that IS able to emulate the actual PS2 start-up background, I just have to select "no disk".
Oh, btw, it only shows the blank screen when I select "boot cdvd fast" but when I select "boot cdvd full" it gives me the normal start-up screen (dancing lights, says "browse" and "System configuration") Is that normal?
Thanks alot in advance!

P.s. If it helps the game I am trying to use is "metal gear solid 2"
also, the damage on the cd... well, you know how if you look on the bottom of a half-written cd, and you can see the darkness change between the written and non-written parts? Well, the cd has little waves of these flowing out from the center, and at about 2/3 and 3/4 of the way across the radius of the disk, those lines seem warped...
I got that disk from a friend, and was also wondering if maybe my computer's drive may be to blame?
Oh little update, I was playing around with it, and I got it to name the game on what I believe to be the debug screen again Smile
Among other things (I was playing with the turbo) I noticed that it said...
[wx] can't commit changes to file 'C:\Users\<username>\Documents\PCSX2\inis\PCSX2_ui.ini' (error 5: access is denied.)
[wx] Failed to update user configuration file.
Could that help?
I've run it as an administrator, It didn't give me that "error message", however I still got the same end result... Black emulation screen :/
It also says status=playable, so I don't think that's the issue...
Reinstall PCSX2 in a folder like C:/PCSX2 and not in program files.
Make an ISO image of the disc by using imgburn (click Create image file from disc) and try running that with the ISO selector instead. If imgburn can't make the image, your dvd is broken and you need a new one
could missing bios be the issue? I noticed this as well...
Bios Found: USA v02.00(14/06/2004) Console
BIOS rom1 module not found, skipping...
BIOS rom2 module not found, skipping...
BIOS erom module not found, skipping...
Also, I remember it saying something about it not finding an ELF path... Could any of that be to blame, rather than the disk?
p.s. I managed to get a disk image file fine, so I don't think the disk is bad...
One last thing... I went into the emulation settings and changed the vu0 and vu1 from micro vu to interpreter, cause I had nothing better to do...
My framerate dropped to about 1.5 fps (with frameskip) HOWEVER I also got a list of errors, I won't post them all, just a few... (there were about 50 total)
(EE pc:8000555C) TLB Miss, addr=0x0 [load]
(EE pc:00000010) TLB Miss, addr=0x10 [load]
(EE pc:00081EE8) Address error, addr=0x82607 [store]
(most were along the lines of the middle one)
Thank you!
Oh yeah, when I tried to run the ISO image from the disk, the emulator pretty much froze up... that's where I cought the "elf does not have a path" thing.
(07-22-2012, 01:59 PM)Bositman Wrote: Reinstall PCSX2 in a folder like C:/PCSX2 and not in program files.
Make an ISO image of the disc by using imgburn (click Create image file from disc) and try running that with the ISO selector instead. If imgburn can't make the image, your dvd is broken and you need a new one
SCRATCH ALL OF THAT!!!
I just dared to put a different disk into the drive (I didn't want to risk ruining the disk) and IT WORKED!!!!!
That being said, you *may* want to add metal gear solid 2 as one of the games that can't be played at all :/
MGS2 works fine, you are doing something wrong.