need help... weird fps stats
Geez, it was the same problem as the other guy, there is no hijacking, is called, focusing informations.

Do you really believe that is better to have 10 thousands of differents threads about the same thing?

Sponsored links

(02-06-2010, 08:34 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: @bill kamp:
You didn't even read the thread... speedhacks cause that, turn them off and see if it still happens...

Shadow Lady Wrote:but as Pandemikk mentioned it'd help if you posted your settings.

If I haven't read I wouldn't have posted my settings.

But it just seems you don't like noobs.

The time it took you to write you could have helped, but you decided not to.

I am still getting a hang of this forum, in time I will understand how it works. So far, far from friendly.
Did you try turning off the speedhacks? As stated previously, they are known to cause the exact same effect you're describing.

They are, as the name implies, hacks. They break emulation in interesting ways, one of them is completely messing up the way the system keeps track of frames.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
So you're pissed at people telling you we actually suggested right before your post the solution to your problem which you totally ignored. Right, the forum is so unfriendly and nasty to noobs. Or maybe people don't even want to spend 2 minutes from their lives reading the very same topic they reply to, to get their solution.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
You said, he should try, because you guys didn't know.

And asked for the configs, I thought, to my bluntly mistake, since you have no patience, that with my configs you would be able to make a proper assumption of the issues affecting my emulation.

I have read, and tried, and the only difference is that now during the slowdowns the FPS falls, as well with the sound, making MY assumption, the VU Ciclying experimental relies heavily in frameskipping.

But, different from the usual frameskipping, the visual is much clearer, and it appears to go smother, since is not the first assumption to those analyzing it.

Since frameskipping makes it much more unstable.

With my current video card I believe there will be no solution via configuration alone.
And with the VU on at least I maintain a steady sound.

So, I have no advantage to turn it off.

Seriously guys, as you have already accused me of HIJACKING, I will simply stop using this thread and if I find necessary I will make a new one.

Geez, the way you guys react, is like you stand here all day just answering stupid questions.

Not everyone is an Emu Wiz, and since your opinions are heavily based on assumptions, I don't even know if I wanna finish this sentence.

But regardless of the way you treat new users, I managed to have a better grasp of the situation and comprehend more of the SPECIFIC hack of VU Cicling, since all the others are working without compromise.
So thanks for your attention, kindness, and respect.

Good day to you all.
Quote:Geez, the way you guys react, is like you stand here all day just answering stupid questions.

You nailed it, that's exactly the typical day here Tongue

So you just confirmed that it was the speed hacks causing the problem and more precisely, the VU Cycle steal hack. Yes, turning it up will cause false fps readings and skipping but some more speed and turning it off gives you correct fps readings but lower speed and no skipping. Just use what you prefer but you can't have it all at the same time, that's why they are called hacks and there are all kinds of warnings on them telling you they break games.

Sorry for sounding hostile, but the OP and you were both using that hack and after I specifically told you not to, you both just ignored me and kept on asking for a "solution".
(02-06-2010, 04:36 PM)Bositman Wrote:
Quote:Geez, the way you guys react, is like you stand here all day just answering stupid questions.

You nailed it, that's exactly the typical day here Tongue

So you just confirmed that it was the speed hacks causing the problem and more precisely, the VU Cycle steal hack. Yes, turning it up will cause false fps readings and skipping but some more speed and turning it off gives you correct fps readings but lower speed and no skipping. Just use what you prefer but you can't have it all at the same time, that's why they are called hacks and there are all kinds of warnings on them telling you they break games.

Sorry for sounding hostile, but the OP and you were both using that hack and after I specifically told you not to, you both just ignored me and kept on asking for a "solution".

Thanks man, the main answer I wanted to hear as well was that my video card sucks.
Because I believe to have a good pc, if the main issue was not configuration, but video card I will be happy, because I pretend to buy a new video card next month.

But if it was a configuration problem.... do you understand where I am going?

I also wanted to make sure that a new videocard would solve the low FPS, in the theory it would be logical, but the PCSX2 was always a program to separate the boys and the men.

I am looking for a Radeon 5570. That is about what I can buy around here.
Yeah that card should be enough for most games, but without knowing which game you're trying to run (assuming it's not Grandia 3 as the OP) it could be your CPU is your bottleneck and not your GPU, hence a GPU upgrade would change nothing
w0w, one day off and this thread become a land of war Laugh

pcsx2 r1888 + latest plugin (gsdx 0.1.15 -> dx10 default with native res)
well, i'm using standard config
except set the frame skip (60 55 1 3)
Speedhacks = EE default cycle rate, IOP on, VU cycle on the middle.
Advanced tab = all clamp mode to none.
and that's the only change that i made... others are default.

yesterday, i tried to install another pcsx2... so i have 2 pcsx2 on different drives... and the problem solved.
i'm using the same config though.

on this new installed pcsx2, finally the frame skip function is working. which it's not on the first one.
but there's a minus when im using this pcsx2... when im playing grandia3, it takes more time to load the map, and the fps drop down suddenly to 25-30 and takes 3-5 sec to become normal again.
well, no problem at all.
btw thx Laugh
E7300 - HIS HD4670 - 2GB RAM

.Hack//GU vol 1-3 [beaten]
FFXII [beaten]
Ar Tonelico II [cloche's route beaten]
Grandia III - 1.5 hours
VP Silmeria - 5 minutes lol
(02-06-2010, 04:36 PM)Bositman Wrote: Sorry for sounding hostile, but the OP and you were both using that hack and after I specifically told you not to, you both just ignored me and kept on asking for a "solution".

well, u said that overused of speedhack. which i'm only using 1 of them, that's why i'm getting confused with 'overused".

anyway, thx and sorry i guess Tongue2
E7300 - HIS HD4670 - 2GB RAM

.Hack//GU vol 1-3 [beaten]
FFXII [beaten]
Ar Tonelico II [cloche's route beaten]
Grandia III - 1.5 hours
VP Silmeria - 5 minutes lol