Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help with codebreaker
i installed codebreaker for pcsx2 0.9.8. i can select cheats and stuff but when i go in the game that i chose, the cheats dont work. help me out please

Sponsored links

PCSX2 has its own built in cheating thing, anyways i'm not so good at describing such things in detail so, here's a link describing how pnach files work

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-pnach-files-work
(07-24-2012, 06:20 PM)mikecxz Wrote: PCSX2 has its own built in cheating thing, anyways i'm not so good at describing such things in detail so, here's a link describing how pnach files work

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-pnach-files-work

i already tryed this but it didnt work
(07-24-2012, 06:27 PM)vorkot3 Wrote: i already tryed this but it didnt work

works just fine for me, and other people. your obviously doing something wrong. Did you convert the codes to raw? Are you sure there isn't a hidden TXT extension (because windows hides it by default i believe?)? Did you put the CRC in correctly for the pnach?
(07-24-2012, 06:34 PM)mikecxz Wrote: works just fine for me, and other people. your obviously doing something wrong. Did you convert the codes to raw? Are you sure there isn't a hidden TXT extension (because windows hides it by default i believe?)? Did you put the CRC in correctly for the pnach?

hidden text extension?
(07-24-2012, 06:34 PM)mikecxz Wrote: works just fine for me, and other people. your obviously doing something wrong. Did you convert the codes to raw? Are you sure there isn't a hidden TXT extension (because windows hides it by default i believe?)? Did you put the CRC in correctly for the pnach?

i got it work but i have 1 question. i want to play as mickey in kh2fm. the code is:
17Y7-CUE7-5Y4ZC
RB4C-2QBQ-BUAU8
QA5P-GBB8-JP1RN
MZ81-QZZG-F237M

do i need to put these 4 codes in the pnach file or do i need to do somthing els with them?
(07-24-2012, 06:37 PM)vorkot3 Wrote: hidden text extension?

it might have the it hidden, i attached a picture, top one is done correctly, the bottom one is with just adding .pnach but not removing the .txt part thats hidden, making it not work.

as for how to make windows show file types, for windows 7, control panel, appearance and personalization, folder options, view, and untick hide extension for know file types.

EDIT:
(07-24-2012, 06:43 PM)vorkot3 Wrote: i got it work but i have 1 question. i want to play as mickey in kh2fm. the code is:
17Y7-CUE7-5Y4ZC
RB4C-2QBQ-BUAU8
QA5P-GBB8-JP1RN
MZ81-QZZG-F237M

do i need to put these 4 codes in the pnach file or do i need to do somthing els with them?

first, you need to convert them to raw, omniconverter should be just fine for that, then you need to put them in the format pcsx2 uses, you can't just put it in and expect it to work, anyways ill convert these for you, they seem to be ARMAX right?

patch=1,EE,40340C9C,extended,00130001
patch=1,EE,03020109,extended,00000000
patch=1,EE,00340C8C,extended,00000004

i don't have the game so it's not like i can test it or anything to see if it works, but assuming you did everything right and the code actually does work, then it should work.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-24-2012, 06:45 PM)mikecxz Wrote: it might have the it hidden, i attached a picture, top one is done correctly, the bottom one is with just adding .pnach but not removing the .txt part thats hidden, making it not work.

as for how to make windows show file types, for windows 7, control panel, appearance and personalization, folder options, view, and untick hide extension for know file types.

ok thnx but help me please with this thing. i got it work but i have 1 question. i want to play as mickey in kh2fm. the code is:
17Y7-CUE7-5Y4ZC
RB4C-2QBQ-BUAU8
QA5P-GBB8-JP1RN
MZ81-QZZG-F237M

(07-24-2012, 06:50 PM)vorkot3 Wrote: ok thnx but help me please with this thing. i got it work but i have 1 question. i want to play as mickey in kh2fm. the code is:
17Y7-CUE7-5Y4ZC
RB4C-2QBQ-BUAU8
QA5P-GBB8-JP1RN
MZ81-QZZG-F237M

i already edited into last past, scroll up a bit and read it.
(07-24-2012, 06:52 PM)mikecxz Wrote: i already edited into last past, scroll up a bit and read it.

thx Smile

(07-24-2012, 06:45 PM)mikecxz Wrote: it might have the it hidden, i attached a picture, top one is done correctly, the bottom one is with just adding .pnach but not removing the .txt part thats hidden, making it not work.

EDIT:

first, you need to convert them to raw, omniconverter should be just fine for that, then you need to put them in the format pcsx2 uses, you can't just put it in and expect it to work, anyways ill convert these for you, they seem to be ARMAX right?

patch=1,EE,40340C9C,extended,00130001
patch=1,EE,03020109,extended,00000000
patch=1,EE,00340C8C,extended,00000004

i don't have the game so it's not like i can test it or anything to see if it works, but assuming you did everything right and the code actually does work, then it should work.
can i change extended to word?