need help with my pcsx2 settings
(02-28-2010, 12:06 PM)Bositman Wrote: For a comprehensive explanations of all settings, consult the Configuration Guide. A quick googling turned up that your graphics card does support DX10, no idea why you couldn't do that yourself Tongue
You don't 'get' DX10, if your graphics card supports it and if you use Vista/Windows 7 you already have it (you also have DX9,DX8 etc, against popular belief)
Thank you very much. That guide was extremely informative and helpful.

Sponsored links

kk, I'm still getting slightly choppy results and need further help.
When I play KH I or II im getting graphics results that dont really seem like the quality of what I remember them originally being when played on a PS2. It may be as simple as "this isnt a PS2, so get over it" but, I just want to make sure Im not doing anything wrong. Also, my PS2 is put away right now, and Id rather not have to dig it out to do a comparison. First, here is a pic showing what I mean, notice how jagged/ridged/pixely Roxas' arm is: Roxas screenshot
My settings are as follows:
•Graphics: GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE21) 0.1.14
> Res: Windowed
>Renderer: Direct3D10 (Hardware)
>Shader: (grayed out)
>Interlacing: None
>Aspect Ratio: 4:3
>D3D internal res: Native
>Texture filtering: Checked
>Wait vsync: unchecked
*i have ran through each Interlacing option ingame. The only one that made a noticeable difference was the "Blend tff (slight blur, 1/2 fps)". But this option just blurs the scene and actually kind of makes me sick.

Are the stated setting the best?

I have original Disks, but out of fear of either over running the cd drive trying to play it or possibly scratching/burning-out the disks, I made images and am playing through mounted drives. I get the same jagged/edgy effect either way though.
Nope that's exactly how it looks like on the PS2. You just notice it here way more due to the quality and the resolution of your PC monitor which is quite better than your TV. Uncheck native and set some native res, that is the resolution the emulator will render the game's graphics, instead of rendering it normally at it's native resolution.
Note that this WILL stress your graphics card more.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
WOW, setting a res without native checked DID smooth it out nearly perfectly. But, as you said, it does stress it out, the game play was pretty laggy when I did it.
I played around with the D3D Internal Res, and set it to 800x600. Not AS great, but still a heck of a lot better than before your advice. Thank you very much, I appreciate your help ^_^
You don't need to keep the aspect ratio, you could use values like 875x985 since it doesn't affect the window but only the resolutions the textures are rendered internally.
Increasing the resolution is one of the best benefits of PS2 emulation on the PC Wink
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-02-2010, 09:39 AM)Bositman Wrote: You don't need to keep the aspect ratio, you could use values like 875x985 since it doesn't affect the window but only the resolutions the textures are rendered internally.
Increasing the resolution is one of the best benefits of PS2 emulation on the PC Wink

Thanks ^_^