need help with my pcsx2 settings
I dont have much knowledge over emulators but, i ended up getting my ps1 emulator the best settings and it worked perfectly. the thing is i haven't had much luck with this emulator. I got it working but when i played FF X it was way too slow. I was wondering if anyone could show me the best settings or way to run it perfectly. If anyone can help, it would be awesome.

my computers specs are

Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1,Build 2600)
memory: 512MB RAM
Processor: Intel®Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 XT
direct x: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

my pcsx2 settings are

Graphics: GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14
First Controller: SSSPSX PAD Plugin pressure mod 1.7.0
Cdvdrom: Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0
Usb; USBnull Driver 0.6.0
Sound: SPU2-X 1.1.0
Dev9: DEV9null Driver 0.4.0
FireWire: FWnull Driver 0.5.0

Graphics settings

Resolution: Windowed
Renderer: Direct3D9 (Hardware)
Shader: Pixel Shader 3.0
Interlacing: none
Aspect Ratio: 4:3
D3D internal res: 1024 1024 Native

Sponsored links

Your processor won't cut it. PS2 emulation is way way way more complex than PS1 emulation, plus PCSX2 hasn't been around for as long as PSX emulators.
Your best bet would be using the latest beta build 1888 ( http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta ) along with the latest December 20 plugin pack. Also try lowering the internal res in GSdx.
I wonder what this thread has to do with "Site Related Questions and Feedback"...
Moved
[Image: newsig.jpg]
so if i was to go out and get a new computer (because I'm feeling my computer is pretty bad for a while now) what would u recommend i get.
Fastest core i5/i7 your money can buy and a nice 9800GTX (or GT260 whatever it's called these days) or a Radeon 5870 to be futureproof with DX11.
(02-19-2010, 12:22 AM)hextall37 Wrote: [...]
Cdvdrom: Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0
[...]

I'd also recommend that you use Linuz Iso CDVD instead. This is more stable and faster than mounting the image and read it via Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin.

You can gain more speed on experimenting with the different speedhacks. Enable one, look if it gives you some fps, disable it, try the next a.s.o. After you're finished, enable all the ones that helped you. This should give you some more fps as well.

And you can set the "Clamp Mode" in the advanced options to "None". I didn't play far into the game, but I think this should work good and give you some more fps as well. But if it breaks the game, better return it to "Normal".

Edit:
(02-19-2010, 12:35 AM)Bositman Wrote: Fastest core i5/i7 your money can buy and a nice 9800GTX (or GT260 whatever it's called these days) or a Radeon 5870 to be futureproof with DX11.

I'd also say that he should get Windows Vista/7, because a Radeon 5870 won't bring him that far if he's stuck with DirectX 9. And you should get more memory, 1 GB is recommend for Windows XP, 2 GB for Vista/7. Because your 512 MB are not very much.
Rejoice, they say. Color is back.
Actually, get the slowest i7 that you can buy, (920 for $200), and spend $50 on a heatsink, the ones on the market right now are all D0 stepping, which means that they can OC to around 4.0Ghz very easily. And then get a 5850, which OCs to 5870 speeds so easily it's not even funny.

The comp that I tried to set up PCsx2 on a few years ago was a 3.0P4 with HT, nothing you do will get FFX to run Tongue
It's running for me but its just going go slow. and i also have a a windows vista laptop. I'll attempt to run the pcsx2 emulator on that. If not I'm guessing I'll have to buy something else
(02-19-2010, 12:46 AM)Nonchalance Wrote: Actually, get the slowest i7 that you can buy, (920 for $200), and spend $50 on a heatsink, the ones on the market right now are all D0 stepping, which means that they can OC to around 4.0Ghz very easily. And then get a 5850, which OCs to 5870 speeds so easily it's not even funny.

The comp that I tried to set up PCsx2 on a few years ago was a 3.0P4 with HT, nothing you do will get FFX to run Tongue

Indeed that would be my choice too, but overclockers are a minority, especially OCing to such extremes (like 4Ghz) requires lots of knowledge and great hardware (mobo,PSU) AND luck which most people take for granted.
Im in a similar boat and would like assistance if anyone is able to. I am trying to run Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II. The game play is real smooth, its great, but the graphics are a bit ridged.

Im running
Dell XPS 1640 Laptop
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
Memory: 4GB
Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3670

Any suggestions on the best settings? I am also a newb to this emulator, and am uncomfortable tweaking it when I don't know exactly what effects what. Obviously I recognize that each setting has a category (Sound, Graphics, CdvdRom, etc) but for instance, there are 4 options under graphics and I don't know how they each effect it. I know going through each is an option, but please humor me if your are able.
Also, how do I confirm if I have DX9 or DX10, and How do I go about getting DX10 if I need to?
For a comprehensive explanations of all settings, consult the Configuration Guide. A quick googling turned up that your graphics card does support DX10, no idea why you couldn't do that yourself Tongue
You don't 'get' DX10, if your graphics card supports it and if you use Vista/Windows 7 you already have it (you also have DX9,DX8 etc, against popular belief)