need pcsx2 pro!!!
I have
pentium d 2.8ghz
1gb ram
geforce 7050 512 mb

and i'm playing 0.9.6 pcsx2 suikoden 5 25 fps for movie
40-45 fps ingame used all speed hacks!!
then played dz tenkaichi 3 8-10 fps ingame!!

pros how can i improves the speed ???
do ineed a pc upgade??
i can only upgade video card and ram!!
need help really!!
ty !

Sponsored links

you need to get a new and modern PC....your current rig won't be enough to run at fair-fine speeds
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Recommended:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.8 ghz or better /
GPU: 8600gt or better (for Direct3D10 support) / HD3000 Series or better (for Direct3D10 support)
RAM: 1gb on Linux/Windows XP, 2gb or more on Vista
HappyTongueCSX2:Happy
Try using a (software) renderer in GSdx, it might actually be faster than hardware in your case.

Yeah you do need a hardware upgrade if you want to run PCSX2 at reasonable speed, upgrading the graphics card alone should do a great difference but I'm afraid that cpu will still hold you back specially for suikoden.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
ok thnx!!
but what is cheaper ??
buy a new pc or new processor???
THanks
Buy a ps2....
Intel C2D E7500 2.940 ghz
MSI P45 Neo
MSI R5770 1GB
WD Caviar SE16 640GB
Seagate 320GB Barracuda 7200.10
2GB Kingston Value ram
Windows XP SP3/Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit Dual Boot
New processors will not fit with your old motherboard, so you need to change your whole PC if you want to upgrade.
Edit: mackoyski you're supposed to already own a PS2 to use PCSX2 legally so your suggestion doesn't have much point
[Image: newsig.jpg]
You are right bositman.....but not everyone that post for support inquiries here do actually own a ps2....and if they did, they wouldnt be considering upgrades just for using pcsx2 only as it is far more expensive than a real ps2. After all, they do have a ps2 to play with, right?

Give the guy a benefit of the doubt, is what you are saying, or is just my assumption...
Intel C2D E7500 2.940 ghz
MSI P45 Neo
MSI R5770 1GB
WD Caviar SE16 640GB
Seagate 320GB Barracuda 7200.10
2GB Kingston Value ram
Windows XP SP3/Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit Dual Boot
Yes that's what I'm saying. We aren't here for witch-hunting after all. I know several people who have upgraded their PCs *just* for PCSX2 but most people simply combine a nice PC upgrade with being able to run PCSX2 decently as an additional plus.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I have
pentium d 2.8ghz
1gb ram
geforce 7050 512 mb

thats about exactly my old pc Smile i had 2gb ram and geforce 7800gtx, anyway its possible to run pcsx2 with that system but here's the thing: it wont make FUN.. I remember trying FFX back then and was like woah it works! But the game is long enough on its own, no need to play it in slowmotion Tongue

Anyway if you're a pc gamer like me, who uses his pc for other games than pcsx2 its a good time to upgrade your pc i guess.
With Win7 a very smooth new OS is out there and with it came DirectX11 and ATI has already Cards that support it. I upgraded half a year ago to PhenomII X3 720BE&Ati Radeon4850 and that was a good deal very price efficient, but if i would be upgrading now i'd go for Intel Core i5&Ati Radeon 58xx.