new processor
Hello
Some games stuck with my good graphics card and processor
radeon hd 6850 oc
Phenom II x3 2.3
4 ram

Would it help if I look at the AMD Phenom II X4 960T would buy?
More efficient?

the games lagg:
Dragon quest
shadow of the colossus
Tekken 5
Dbz BT 3

thx

Sponsored links

it would drastically improve the framerates of those games.

keep in mind that pcsx2 emulation is nowhere near the same as pc gaming (in case you didnt knew Tongue)

plus if you can overclock the processor to lets say 4.0 ghz (google is your friend here
) you could emulate almost every game at fullspeed. (if the emu supports it obv)
ok thx
Even if I'm a huge AMD Fan myself, Intel would be still the better choice for PCSX2.
yes but I have to buy me a new motherboard and just because pcx2
nope
I am looking for the best Phenom II processor for the emu
that would be the 980 Black Edition Smile
It would help a bit sure, but with the weight on the "bit" part, 2,3-3ghz on amd can give you full speed only if you're really limited by cpu and you lack like 10-15 fps to the max, some notes about those games - pretty much Shadow of the Colossus needs speedhacks on any cpu soo doesn't expect it would run smooth. Tekken would probably not be fully happy with just amd 3ghz either.
But world isn't made with just bad news, about DBZ:BT3, your current pc is more than enough to run it at full speed, probably including 2 player mode which is rather demanding mostly on gpu. If it lags it's probably only couse you have AMD gpu as radeons aren't loved by default, you can try using "allow 8 bit textures" in GSdx config which is pretty a must have for me with a bit weaker radeon for this game otherwise it always lags. And if it's trully limited by cpu, use svn version of pcsx2, which decreses cpu requirements of this game by quite a bit without using any additional options.(I could confirm it running at 1.6-~1.7 ghz athlon II which is same fast/slow as phenom II cpu while in older versions of pcsx2 it needed around 2.4-2.5ghz for full speed) I also think allowing 8-bit textures could help on radeon cards in Dragon quest, through with 2.3ghz on amd you can be also cpu limited, maybe mtvu speedhack from svn version could also help for it as you have tri core cpu while pcsx2 without that new speedhack uses pretty much only 2 of them.

In other words, firstly try to optimize your experience on those 2,3ghz, couse a change to 3ghz and additional core which will be useless for pcsx2 will not really be such a big deal. 4ghz would be other story, but still don't expect SOTC to run smooth on it, it's just one of those game with issues. And if you just care about full speed without smoothness Shadow of the Colossus probably could run at what you already have if you abuse some speedhacks.;]
(04-01-2012, 02:06 AM)miseru99 Wrote: It would help a bit sure, but with the weight on the "bit" part, 2,3-3ghz on amd can give you full speed only if you're really limited by cpu and you lack like 10-15 fps to the max, some notes about those games - pretty much Shadow of the Colossus needs speedhacks on any cpu soo doesn't expect it would run smooth. Tekken would probably not be fully happy with just amd 3ghz either.
But world isn't made with just bad news, about DBZ:BT3, your current pc is more than enough to run it at full speed, probably including 2 player mode which is rather demanding mostly on gpu. If it lags it's probably only couse you have AMD gpu as radeons aren't loved by default, you can try using "allow 8 bit textures" in GSdx config which is pretty a must have for me with a bit weaker radeon for this game otherwise it always lags. And if it's trully limited by cpu, use svn version of pcsx2, which decreses cpu requirements of this game by quite a bit without using any additional options.(I could confirm it running at 1.6-~1.7 ghz athlon II which is same fast/slow as phenom II cpu while in older versions of pcsx2 it needed around 2.4-2.5ghz for full speed) I also think allowing 8-bit textures could help on radeon cards in Dragon quest, through with 2.3ghz on amd you can be also cpu limited, maybe mtvu speedhack from svn version could also help for it as you have tri core cpu while pcsx2 without that new speedhack uses pretty much only 2 of them.

In other words, firstly try to optimize your experience on those 2,3ghz, couse a change to 3ghz and additional core which will be useless for pcsx2 will not really be such a big deal. 4ghz would be other story, but still don't expect SOTC to run smooth on it, it's just one of those game with issues. And if you just care about full speed without smoothness Shadow of the Colossus probably could run at what you already have if you abuse some speedhacks.;]

you don't have to be so mysteries about SOTC Laugh

@OP :

for SOTC Vu cycling ( configuration < Emulation settings < speedhacks ) is the best speed hack because it was invented from studding this very own game !

@ level 2 will double your current speed Smile