openpad config USB sixaxis/DS3 buttons not registering
In the latest PPA builds when trying to setup openpad (new GUI), the D-pad and sticks work fine, but the face buttons and especially R1,R2,L1,L2 do not seem to register presses in the configuration GUI.

Official DS3/sixaxis PS3 controllers connected by USB, and works fine in other programs (eg joystick test and Dolphin) in ubuntu

I think it was working before, and even to a point with the old configured .ini, but now that has been lost and I cannot reconfigure

PS is the "hack: DS3 connected by USB" and pressure sensitive buttons hack supposed to override this config entirely and have a direct "passthrough" like mode? Either way it does not seem to work properly with and without this toggled.

Sponsored links

Which gui do you have?

Quote:PS is the "hack: DS3 connected by USB" and pressure sensitive buttons hack
Yes you must uses those hacks. It depends on the configuration of your DS3. However, you need to restart PCSX2 completely every time you check/uncheck the configuration box.
(03-21-2016, 11:35 AM)gregory Wrote: Which gui do you have?

Yes you must uses those hacks. It depends on the configuration of your DS3. However, you need to restart PCSX2 completely every time you check/uncheck the configuration box.
It's the unstable ppa
Code:
ppa:pcsx2-team/pcsx2-daily
pcsx2-unstable
For openpad, it's the new GUI with the picture of the controller and it's now called version 1.2. Both hacks are on.
Ok. I need to check the code if there is no regression.

Could you try the 4 combinations of the 2 checkboxes (And restart PCSX2 each times).
(03-21-2016, 02:11 PM)gregory Wrote: Ok. I need to check the code if there is no regression.

Could you try the 4 combinations of the 2 checkboxes (And restart PCSX2 each times).

All 3 checkboxes unchecked (rumble, 2 hacks) and resetting PCSX2 makes the buttons work again.
Turning on rumble again (2 hacks unchecked) still works, and I can program the buttons. If I plug in a second DS3 controller, I can program controller #2 BUT the buttons do not turn red on the config of controller 2 (still works).

Checking the DS3 usb hack and restarting, and the config still works with buttons turning red and able to program L2/L1/R2 etc. I don't know what the USB hack is supposed to change, so I can't say whether it really is working.

If I now check the pressure sensitive buttons so both hacks are checked and reset, the config no longer works for any buttons except the D-pad and analog sticks. Nothing turns red when pressed (pretty sure D-pad does not).

If I try to use pressure sensitive buttons in a game using the controller config I made when it still worked, the buttons do NOT seem to be actually pressure sensitive (I didn't test this rigorously though). The buttons that I couldn't configure (L2,L1, and face buttons) still seem to work ingame using the old config, but this is not ideal.

If I repeat the tests but only check the pressure sensitive hack and not the USB hack the same bugs still occur.

I cannot confirm that the triggers L2 and R2 are functioning properly as analog triggers, but I can't say for sure they aren't.

The rumble seems to be different from normal, too (i.e. not passthrough with different but a generic strong rumble), but that may be a different issue.

Anyway, all I could find about the controller. Let me know if any of it helps.
Hi,

I list (weird) behavior I found until know concerning Onepad:

- button feedback doesn't works if :
   * cross, square, circle, triangle, start, select, D-pad, L3, R3, L1 or R1 is detected as Axis. It require to be detected as button "JBut" but sometimes the button is detected as Axis,
   * L2 and R2 isn't detected as "Axis <axis_number> Half+". The best way to get a '+' is to maintain the trigger pressed, click on the mapping button and release the trigger slowly. Normally the hack DS3 is here in order to fix this issue.

- Joystick sensibility if I remember well, is not yet implemented for multipad (Need to be checked).

I use a unofficial DS3 controller and I have very weird detection, a lot of button are misinterpreted.

Notice than the button feedback GUI doesn't use the same way to detect button pressure as the Onepad core. Even if the button doesn't turn to red, the button is correctly mapped. For this reason, I hesitated during the development to remove the feedback function.

Hope it help you to better understand situation.