pcsx running slow, any solutions?
Hey guys I'm new, and I bet you've gotten this many times before, pcsx2 runs too slow on my PC, I was playing Grand Turismo 3 and the average FPS was around 30 something while playing the game, it was pretty much in slow motion. are their any Settings I can change? I've tried those speed hacks I'm not sure how they work but I don't see any difference.

Here are my current Specs:
AMD Phenom II x4 945 (3.0ghz)
8gb DDR3 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7770

Sponsored links

set GSsx to harware mode dx11 and use native resolution. Use HW hacks in the video plugin settings. Next experiment with the speedhacks but do not touch the checkboxes, only the sliders. Some games lag if a speedhack is on some lag without, just try to figure that out. Ill try to download the game and ss my settings soon
your computer is to slow.

(09-29-2012, 09:03 AM)Codenamed Wrote: Ill try to download the game and ss my settings soon

reported

piracy isnt tollerated here, read the rules especially rule#1!
post your speedhacks settings please?
I've only been playing with the sliders. And you seriously think this thing is too slow? pcsx is very resource heavy isn't it.
Unlike the actual system which has a chip per process and is Hardware driven. PCs are software driven so it takes a lot more power to do what HW based systems can do with less. Apple vs PC is a perfect example of this. They have a lot less power but they are meant to run hardware based and not Software based. Least back in the day >.<

I wouldn't consider you equipment slow. It just needs some love to make it work well with this. If you can do anything with your cpu like overclock it to 3.2-3.4 stable. You should be able to run most of these games no problem. Do some reading on your computers motherboard and CPU to see what you can do safely. I had my OCed to 4.0 but I found it didn't really do anything for PCSX2 considering my ram is now my massive bottleneck. To bad my motherboard is maxed out on what it can handle.
My computer is going on 4 and the only thing I replaced since I bought it is the CPU and video card. Cheap ones to cheap ones.

EDIT: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/...CatId=4431

Check this out. I went from a much older CPU of 2.4 GHZ to this and it is smooth sailing for PCSX2. At 100 bucks and comes unlocked. Can't complain.
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10

Okay, before I start, if I sound like a complete dumbass in this post, feel free to delete it, mods.
I have an i3-2120 3.3GHz, Radeon HD7770 (same as OP), and 8GB DDR3 RAM. Can anyone tell me why I get 20fps on games like Ratchet Deadlocked? I'm preeeetty sure I beat the PCSX2 requirements, so what's wrong?
I've tried a few speedhacks to no avail. Sorry if this thread is considered dead and I'm bumping it.
Different games have different requirements, as they used the actual hardware in different ways. Some of it just doesn't translate very well to how PCs work.
Ratchet & Clank games in particular are among those that have lots of issues. For Deadlocked, try running GSdx in software mode instead of hardware.
(10-02-2012, 01:56 AM)Eloris Wrote: For Deadlocked, try running GSdx in software mode instead of hardware.

Unfortunately, Software mode actually lagged more than Hardware, but the reason I was getting 20fps was because I was on DX9 software. DX11 software got 40fps, and DX11 hardware got ~60fps but with lots of lag spikes, depending on where I was looking.
also tick native resolution in the graphics plug in