pcsx unusual behaviour
okay before i start i'd just like to say this is not game based but the pcsx2 r1888 emulator has been actinv strange these past days 1st it was fine at 70 - 80fps then suddenly the cpu usage drops to around 30% and the fps to around 12 i checked in task manager it was audiodg.exe. after toying around with control panel i fixed it, but the problem still exists it does the same thing but audiodg is not responsible please let me know if it's just me or is there a way to resolve this? thanks in advance, need more info? just request Smile

EDIT: lol i also noticed that if i hover my mouse over the emulator the fps drops by around 30% and if not it is much faster! idk if it's just me again

Sponsored links

Sounds like your system is causing those troubles. I don't know what that audiodg process is but maybe you should consider updating your motherboard/sound card drivers. Doesn't look like a PCSX2 issue at all.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Looks like you are running windowed mode. I find that at least my PCSX2 is more consistent and faster in fullscreen mode.
i7 @ 3.2Ghz /w Noctua
6GB Dominator 1600Mhz
5770 Vapor-X
1.5 TB Raid 5 /w 3ware 9650SE

(12-02-2009, 12:22 PM)mantasuk Wrote: Looks like you are running windowed mode. I find that at least my PCSX2 is more consistent and faster in fullscreen mode.

i run in windowed mode and have been able to run my games at their full speed...
i also notice that the OP hasn't given any of his pc specs or any other info that could help see what the problem is
Processor: Core i7 2600 3.4GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x2GB Dual Channel DDR3 PC 12800
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H77-D3H
Graphics: 2x Radeon HD 3870
audiodg.exe problems happen in some machines, try to look into new drivers or other programs that could be interfering. It's not a PCSX2 problem it just triggers it like other 3d apps would probably.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64