pcsx2-0.9.8 on fedora 15 problem
Greetings programs! Smile
While trying to launch binary pcsx2-0.9.8 on fedora 15 i get the following error:

[root@miki pcsx2-0.9.8-r4594-linux]# ./launch_pcsx2_linux.sh
./pcsx2: Symbol `_ZTV10wxClientDC' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
./pcsx2: Symbol `_ZTV10wxMemoryDC' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
./pcsx2: Symbol `_ZTV9wxPaintDC' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
The library used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.4,compatible with 2.6),
and your program used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.6).
./launch_pcsx2_linux.sh: line 27: 2124 Aborted (core dumped) ./pcsx2
[root@miki pcsx2-0.9.8-r4594-linux]#

my system is:
[root@miki pcsx2-0.9.8-r4594-linux]# uname -a
Linux miki 2.6.38.7-30.fc15.i686.PAE #1 SMP Fri May 27 05:44:56 UTC 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

I was trying to compile from pcsx2-0.9.8-r4600-sources but i have got the following:

[root@miki my_build]# cmake ../CMakeLists.txt "-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_BUILD_STRIP=FALSE"
-- Disable the stripping by default in Release -DCMAKE_BUILD_STRIP=FALSE build !!!
-- Use internal version of Soundtouch by default.
Note: There have been issues in the past with sound quality depending on the version of Soundtouch
Use -DFORCE_INTERNAL_SOUNDTOUCH=FALSE at your own risk
-- Install localization file in bin/Langs by default
-- Could NOT find GLEW (missing: GLEW_LIBRARY GLEW_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Use internal pcsx2 SoundTouch library
-- Skip build of GSdx: miss some dependencies
-- check these libraries -> opengl, X11, pcsx2 SDL
-- Skip build of zerogs: miss some dependencies
-- check these libraries -> glew (>=1.5), opengl, X11, nvidia-cg-toolkit (>=2.1)
-- Skip build of zzogl: miss some dependencies
-- check these libraries -> glew (>=1.5), jpeg (>=6.2), opengl, X11, nvidia-cg-toolkit (>=2.1), pcsx2 common libs
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:57 (TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES):
Cannot specify link libraries for target "x86emitter" which is not built by
this project.

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

Please help!

Sponsored links

Hi, yes you need to compile on fedora. If you compile better take trunk instead of 0.9.8

Do you have libglew installed, 1.5 or 1.6 ? Technically it must work with 1.6 but cmake might need some update.
Thanks for swift response!
I've got libGLEW-1.5.8-3.fc15.i686
I am on getting and compiling trunk

(06-27-2011, 08:55 PM)gregory Wrote: Hi, yes you need to compile on fedora. If you compile better take trunk instead of 0.9.8

Do you have libglew installed, 1.5 or 1.6 ? Technically it must work with 1.6 but cmake might need some update.

I guess I need to checkout current version using subversion? Could you provide url or better - the whole command? I am not familiar with svn.

(06-27-2011, 08:55 PM)gregory Wrote: Hi, yes you need to compile on fedora. If you compile better take trunk instead of 0.9.8

Maybe you miss the -dev package! Fedora 14 have those 2 packges glew.i686 glew-devel.i686

svn checkout http://pcsx2.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ pcsx2-read-only
... Checked out revision 4778. (thanks !)
in the matter of fact I had no glew-devel.
Now I have:
libGLEW-1.5.8-3.fc15.i686
glew-devel-1.5.8-3.fc15.i686
libGLEWmx-1.5.8-3.fc15.i686

but still getting errors during cmake:

CMake Error at pcsx2/CMakeLists.txt:662 (target_link_libraries):
Attempt to add link library "x86emitter" to target "Utilities" which is not
built in this directory.

CMake Error at pcsx2/CMakeLists.txt:665 (target_link_libraries):
Cannot specify link libraries for target "-pthread" which is not built by
this project.

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
The critical error is this one:
-- Could NOT find GLEW (missing: GLEW_LIBRARY GLEW_INCLUDE_DIR)
Do you still have it? In my opinion you did not install the devel package of libglew (something like that glew-devel-1.5.8-3.fc15.i686.rpm)

Edit: try also to call cmake without quote. Note, use default option for CMAKE_BUILD_STRIP it is the best Wink
cmake ../CMakeLists.txt -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
I have run ldconfig than -
cmake ../CMakeLists.txt -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
and it worked.

Thanks a lot!