pcsx2 1.0.0 settings help
hey guy I am new to this emulator. Ive gotten other emulators to run fine but i know this might require a bit more tinkering with. So far I got the emulator up and running but man is it slow and yes my cpu is plenty fast. If anyone can help me achieve the best game play it would be appreciated. I understand all games might not run the same but any input on a stable set up would be great thank you. I am sure the community will appreciate any input as well.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
(08-08-2012, 05:28 AM)Ice Queen Zero Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
Hello ice queen and thanks for the quick response. I am use pcsx2 1.0.0 which im assuming is the latest version. All setting are set to default that being said here are here are the specs for my laptop

Processor 2nd Gen Core i3 Intel i3-2350M / 2.3 GHz ( Dual-Core )
Memory 6 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Edition
Graphics Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0

maybe I am wrong but I am assuming it should be sufficient. As far as games i plan on playing mostly rpg's, ffx, ff12 maybe some need for speed and marvel vs capcom 2. Honestly i would love for the rpg's to play the best.Thank you
Default settings should be okay, except you might want to use Native resolution with your games since your graphics card are not that good...

Don't forget set windows power plan to High Performance and enable MTVU speed hack...
Just a little wrong, the gpu is pretty weak for the pcsx2, u could try with some speed hacks and see if u gain some fps but thats all u can do. Go to options--> speed hacks--> Set EE to 2 and VU to 1, and thick the recommend hacks.

PS Maybe ffx can be more playable, is one of the more "easy" to emulate aside the fire/demi magic and some aeons(ifrit shiva iirc).
(08-08-2012, 05:54 AM)Ice Queen Zero Wrote: Default settings should be okay, except you might want to use Native resolution with your games since your graphics card are not that good...

Don't forget set windows power plan to High Performance and enable MTVU speed hack...
OK Ive done that I am gonna give it a whirl . I will reply with any progress thank you.

(08-08-2012, 05:57 AM)ecchiless Wrote: Just a little wrong, the gpu is pretty weak for the pcsx2, u could try with some speed hacks and see if u gain some fps but thats all u can do. Go to options--> speed hacks--> Set EE to 2 and VU to 1, and thick the recommend hacks.

PS Maybe ffx can be more playable, is one of the more "easy" to emulate aside the fire/demi magic and some aeons(ifrit shiva iirc).

thank you will also try .. I will let you guys know how it goes