pcsx2 1.00 r5452 Crash = Faulty dll module!
Well here iam again....Huh

Experienced a few random crashes (pcsx2 stopped working kind Glare) in several games !!

The weird part is, it can ocur 2 times in a row or not at al so of speak !

According to eventvwr the error is described as follow :

Faulting module path: XAudio2_7.dll

Have check my soundcard drivers to see if it is in any way related but i couldn'"t find anything that indicates it !!

the crash ocured while using spu2-x r5460 2.0.0 pluggin

Any suggestions ?

In the meanwhile i'll try another revision / pluggin !

Thank you kind sir/mam Biggrin

cherriepoppers,
HOBO ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe
CPU AMD PII x4 [email protected] stable
COOLER Antec HO2 920 (Water/air)
RAM 4x2 giggles Corsair Vengeance DDR2 800mhz
GPU VTX HD6870 / 1 Gigabyte GDDR5
OS Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate) / SP1

Sponsored links

Does changing sound module in SPU2-X to DirectSound works?
(12-09-2012, 01:32 PM)Ice Queen Zero Wrote: Does changing sound module in SPU2-X to DirectSound works?

Yo hello IceQ,

Well i can try that... but it might take time to narrow down the issue here..
Because it rarely happends Blink !!

I have changed the spu-x plug from spu2-x r5460 2.0.0 [spu2-x r5460] to just spu2-x r5460 2.0.0 [spu2-x] ..

Have you noticed the small difference between the plugs notation !!??

That said, i ask myself now !
Are these the 1 and the same plugins that i use and might have imported twice?

Or are they still different from one eachother in some way?

But ill keep in mind to try and change to directsound using the same plugin that gave probs if it ever happens again... thank you.... tis so Cool of you

cherriepopper,
(12-09-2012, 07:55 PM)Metagondria Wrote: Yo hello IceQ,

Well i can try that... but it might take time to narrow down the issue here..
Because it rarely happends Blink !!

I have changed the spu-x plug from spu2-x r5460 2.0.0 [spu2-x r5460] to just spu2-x r5460 2.0.0 [spu2-x] ..

Have you noticed the small difference between the plugs notation !!??

That said, i ask myself now !
Are these the 1 and the same plugins that i use and might have imported twice?

Or are they still different from one eachother in some way?

But ill keep in mind to try and change to directsound using the same plugin that gave probs if it ever happens again... thank you.... tis so Cool of you

cherriepopper,
What do you mean by changing the plugins, just renamed it?

The only game I noticed problems with sound was Star Ocean when using the crafting minigame and even then only in one the cities and then it was gone as soon the story events advanced. Still not outright crashing and I have not seen reports of similar issue.

What is the sound card being used? there is a chance of driver conflict with Spu-X acting in there.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(12-09-2012, 09:39 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: What do you mean by changing the plugins, just renamed it?

The only game I noticed problems with sound was Star Ocean when using the crafting minigame and even then only in one the cities and then it was gone as soon the story events advanced. Still not outright crashing and I have not seen reports of similar issue.

What is the sound card being used? there is a chance of driver conflict with Spu-X acting in there.

Oh noes... i have not renamed anything !!
I just try and use the plugs the way it's meant to be used (selecting/settings that it) !!

What i meant to say is, that i noticed duplicate entries of plugins.. yet with an small different notation at the end like i showed !!

So, i ask my self are those infact 2 different plugins at work (because of the spx2-u & spx2-u rXXX notation at the end)

Or despite of that still are the same plugins yet renamed by the creator for some reason !?
Orrr pcsx2 might have renamed them accordingly upon import !!?

You see when i update pcsx2 it ask me to update pluggins ... but then again... i don't get why pscx2 kept the very same plugin twice?

And again.. if those to somewhat simalar plugins are infact the very same !!

You see my point here ?

As for that "pcsx2 has stopped working crash / Faulty Xaudio.dll " issue..
It happend again !!

Only after playing countless hours yesterday Tongue
I think i know what it probebly can cause this crash !!

The crash may have something to do with the fact that i have changed an pcsx2 setting while my game is still running in the background and resumed it afterwards !!!

I'll pay attention to that, i notice if it will happend again in a game i play strait from a fresh start and whitout having changed an setting in between the gameplay !!

Now, rolled back to an older spu-X2 pluggin ... and hope for the best !!

Using Direct sound might not be an option for me.. because it sounds bad with clicks and pops in the background and therefor its distracts me ingame Angry

That Pop/scratch/click sound issue that i have now with DS might be an matter of relaxed settings ... but i don't wanna do that .. for the simple reason i might have to reconfig it everytime for every other game !!!

cherriepoppers,
No, no, that's OK then, the plugins are named second their builds also. The reason for having more than one is probably because you unziped newer PCSX2 version in a folder used by previous (like myself do).

For example, although having the build named folder, I put the last version at a folder named PCSX2_Newer and start it from the desktop by the PCSX2.exe shortcut.

If willing to test specific version is easy also. Besides I keep the memcards and the BIOS in another folder "SharedFolder"...

That's OK then, just make sure to be using the last plugin version as well.

PS: having a copy of the last PCSX2 named PCSX2.exe together the "actual" build named version makes a sense, as said above, this avoids the need to replace the shortcut. But in the case of the Plugins seems to make sense only while working on it since the version which comes to the final user is the same but distinctive from the previous version, turning necessary to manually changing the plugin selection to have the last edition.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(12-11-2012, 01:27 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: No, no, that's OK then, the plugins are named second their builds also. The reason for having more than one is probably because you unziped newer PCSX2 version in a folder used by previous (like myself do).

No, no rename is causing this me thinks...
The reason isn't so far fetched i noticed Happy

It just so happens that the newer build contained both spu2-X.dll and spu-x-rXXX.dll which have both the same build revision in pscx2 setup i noticed.

And thats why there are 2 same spu2-x build entries present because there are 2 spu2-x pluggins coppied !!

Still i wonder why the developer puts 2 similar SPU2-X sound plugins in their newer builds if it is both exact and the same revision !!?

(12-11-2012, 01:27 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: For example, although having the build named folder, I put the last version at a folder named PCSX2_Newer and start it from the desktop by the PCSX2.exe shortcut.

Huh are you saying that you use the very same "desktop" shortcut you have made from the older .exe (path...) to start the newer .exe that resides at different locations !?

How can you use that old shortcut (at desktop screen) to start another app unless you changed the pathways from that shortcut Huh ?

You've lost me there!

Or did you extract the contents of the newer build strait to your desktop.. that woud make sense!!

cherriepoppers,
Yes all SVN packs have all plugins twice, once named SPU2-X.dll and once SPU2-X-r5460.dll but both plugins are the exact same thing. So in fact you did not change anything Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(12-11-2012, 12:34 PM)Bositman Wrote: Yes all SVN packs have all plugins twice, once named SPU2-X.dll and once SPU2-X-r5460.dll but both plugins are the exact same thing. So in fact you did not change anything Tongue

Again bossman... i realy am curious to know what (if theres any) difference between them or why they put both the exact same pluggins in a build update Huh !?

p.s: pcsx2 + X2audio = still crash Same behavior occurs on Dolphin emulator too !!!

currenly iam rolling back to previous revision spu pluggins to check and try to fix this !!

thank you kind sir/mam
cherriepoppers,
PArt of the reason there are 2 is because the ones without the svn version will over ride each other and if you are upgrading to try out the newest svns its easy enough to keep one selected and have it upgrade so you don't have to keep changing plugins to use the latest and the ones with the svn number are there so that you can compare the newer ones with the older ones if they are issues with the newer ones. Same with the Pcsx2.exe file.