pcsx2 Version 1.2.1 running in slow-motion?
PCSX2 VERSION 1.2.1 RUNNING IN SLOW MOTION? *runs at 60 FPS constantly*

I have already asked this question and have never truly seemed to get a working answer. I would like an official response, one that would work for anybody else who encounters this problem (which seems to be a lot!) I have Jak & Daxter, downloaded from my disk, put on my PC, and when I run in through pcsx2 (which i use, like everyone else, to get better graphics, speed, etc.) My pcsx2 lags really bad. I'm not sure why, my computer should be able to run it, but it just won't. Any help would be much appreciated.
Computer Statistics:
RAM:8 gigs
Processor: AMD FX -8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.51 GHz
And I'm runnning on Windows Professional 64-bit, if that helps whatsoever. Thanks in advance for any help, please know what you're talking about before posting... I want help, not the same crap I've read 200 times and hasn't worked. Please give me some kind of advice that will most likely work for my PC, not some other guy's. Again, I'm pretty sure my PC should be able to handle it, I think It's the program itself. Not too sure. A universal answer would be best, so it could work with anyone, but if it's something with my computer lemme know. Thanks.

Sponsored links

Quote:please know what you're talking about before posting... I want help, not the same crap I've read 200 times and hasn't worked. Please give me some kind of advice that will most likely work for my PC, not some other guy's. Again, I'm pretty sure my PC should be able to handle it, I think It's the program itself.
Since you are so experienced with pcsx2 and know that the avdices given aren't good, why are you looking for help ? No need to look for help if you know better than anyone...

oh, and BTW, please stop spamming the bug reporting forum.

Moved to general support
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-16-2014, 09:55 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Since you are so experienced with pcsx2 and know that the avdices given aren't good, why are you looking for help ? No need to look for help if you know better than anyone...

oh, and BTW, please stop spamming the bug reporting forum.

Moved to general support

Well I've tried searching for help. I've tested what I've been given; as I would not be writing this right now if I didn't need help. This is what the forums are for; asking for help when the advice you've been thrown does not work. An actual answer would prevent me from asking more than once, and this isn't spam. There's not twenty of these, I am simply searching for an answer. I've asked twice now. And if you could give me one I would appreciate it very much. I made the post look good too, so I'm not just spamming this, I'm actually taking the time to make this easier to read. So please don't refer to this as "spam". And again, I don't know everything about PCSX2. That's the entire reason why I am here.
Thanks anyways for at least reading it (even if you didn't take in the information in the correct way...)
Delete your pcsx2, download the portable version of 1.2.1 and extract it to a folder then test it without messing with the settings.
Like PC games, PS2 games have different demand levels on the hardware (albeit there is no sense telling Minimal requirements in this case).

Besides, a game might have an unorthodox code which may confuse PCSX2 optimizations, making the game extremely difficult to emulate or at least very slow.

This might be simply the case, I can't be precise due not knowing the game and then not knowing how it runs in general.

The advice is trying another game and see if the problem persists.

Be aware your rig is not so powerful as you imagine to run some more demanding (emulated PS2) games and you may need to use at least a bit of speedhack in many (I know this for sure because I have an AMD rig as well and just a little stronger than yours and still need speedhacks in many games to have correct speed).
Imagination is where we are truly real
(05-17-2014, 12:02 AM)TuneablePear Wrote: Well I've tried searching for help. I've tested what I've been given; as I would not be writing this right now if I didn't need help. This is what the forums are for; asking for help when the advice you've been thrown does not work. An actual answer would prevent me from asking more than once, and this isn't spam. There's not twenty of these, I am simply searching for an answer. I've asked twice now. And if you could give me one I would appreciate it very much. I made the post look good too, so I'm not just spamming this, I'm actually taking the time to make this easier to read. So please don't refer to this as "spam". And again, I don't know everything about PCSX2. That's the entire reason why I am here.
Thanks anyways for at least reading it (even if you didn't take in the information in the correct way...)

I believe it's more about looking aggressive when seeking help rather than not doing what you're asked to try. Nobody has won the hearts of the people here by demanding support that works and when they don't get it quickly they lash out at everyone. Uncommon, but not unheard of.

As for him saying it's spam, it's considered so because there are very specific guidelines to posting in the bug report section and unless you fulfill those it is not considered a valid bug report and thus discarded. And glitches that are fixed in software rendering are not acceptable, just saying.

So, back on topic, and about your question:
You're running 1.2.1 on that AMD FX-8320 of yours. What is your GPU however? And your speedhacks? Are you using any? What's the resolution you have set in the GSdx? As previously said, the games you are trying to play are pretty darn demanding ones at that and require very beefy computers. I should also warn you that they all suffer from texture glitches, especially the Ratchet & Clank series since it uses mipmapping for its textures, a feature that is not emulated by PCSX2. The Jak & Daxter series has unresponsive or single color eyes on all of its games, and the second one suffers from rainbow textures on characters from some reason. You may need to overclock your CPU if you really want to play without hitches.
(05-16-2014, 09:48 PM)TuneablePear Wrote: Please give me some kind of advice that will most likely work for my PC, not some other guy's.

Problem is, even if I have the same CPU and GPU and same amount of RAM, I don't have your PC. And even if we both have a PC of the same make from the same manufacturer with the same components, we still don't have the same PC.
A PC is more than the sum of its hardware components; its software is also part of what makes your PC your PC.

Maybe one of us upgraded his OS, maybe one of us has FRAPS or Steam running. In any case, if you want help, you either get an answer that works for some other guy's PC, or you pay some other guy to fix the problem on yours.

If you don't like that, you might want to consider giving up on PC gaming, because PC games are the worst to troubleshoot. You're either lucky and a solution works or you find your own, or you're not and the game will never work on your PC.
Consider buying a PS3 or playing on your PS2 or buying a new one if your current one is broken. If something doesn't work then, either the game doesn't work for anyone (sue the game dev), or your console's broken. Easy troubleshooting, isn't it?
Guys, don't feed the trolls.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-17-2014, 02:20 AM)S1D Wrote: Problem is, even if I have the same CPU and GPU and same amount of RAM, I don't have your PC. And even if we both have a PC of the same make from the same manufacturer with the same components, we still don't have the same PC.
A PC is more than the sum of its hardware components; its software is also part of what makes your PC your PC.

Maybe one of us upgraded his OS, maybe one of us has FRAPS or Steam running. In any case, if you want help, you either get an answer that works for some other guy's PC, or you pay some other guy to fix the problem on yours.

If you don't like that, you might want to consider giving up on PC gaming, because PC games are the worst to troubleshoot. You're either lucky and a solution works or you find your own, or you're not and the game will never work on your PC.
Consider buying a PS3 or playing on your PS2 or buying a new one if your current one is broken/sold. If something doesn't work then, either the game doesn't work for anyone (sue the game dev), or your console's broken. Easy troubleshooting, isn't it?

Now you're just trying to bait him into an angry answer, easier there chum.