pcsx2 and powerISO
ok so heres the deal i am using pcsx2 beta 1474 i have a DvDr-/+ Drive i also have PowerISO v4.4 when i load a game via PowerISO i get the black screen. When i burn it to a DvD the game plays...i would much prefer to save my DvDs and use HDD space and use an ISO mounted with the plugin "P.E.OP.S. (CDDA mod) 1.3.0" or unmounted with the plugin "Linuz Iso CDVD 0.9.0"...

ok let me rephrase
P.E.OP.S. (CDDA mod) 1.3.0 :
Power iso Virtual drive : not recognized
actual drive with burned DVD : recognized but crashes when loaded
Linuz Iso CDVD 0.9.0
Does not read ISO from drive properly
Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0
Power iso Virtual drive : recognized does not work properly (black screen)
actual drive with burned DVD : recognized and works

so yea and giga's plugin works with all my backups but they must be burnt should i use a different virtual drive meybe alcohol120% or Daemon tools? or has someone out there gotten this to work with poweriso?

Sponsored links

Why dont you try using another program to make your backups like ImgBurn or Alcohol 120%? should work well with Linuz ISO cdvd plugin. Even tho PowerISO might work well enough i'd suggest Daemon Tools if you must mount your ISOs.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(07-28-2009, 09:08 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Why dont you try using another program to make your backups like ImgBurn or Alcohol 120%? should work well with Linuz ISO cdvd plugin. Even tho PowerISO might work well enough i'd suggest Daemon Tools if you must mount your ISOs.

First off, THANKS! next comes the slightly funny but mostly me being a idiot part... i did indeed buy daemon tools and installed it with one virtual drive... and as soon as i was getting ready to mount final fantasy XII i noticed something not only did i have a new drive, G: ,but i saw what my PowerISO drive was labeled "CD Drive (F:)" unlike my new "DVD Drive (G:)" and i wanted to cry for so many hours troubleshooting pcsx2 settings thinking it was the problem!

yAy
NO MORE WASTED DVDS!!!

edit : disabled smiles
Aw, you didn't need to buy Daemon Tools. The Lite version or whatever is free and lets you use just about every disc image format out there in the virtual drive.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
nah its cool it was worth the money =D i have been using powerISO for so long it paid for itself i am sure that daemon tools will do the same with free updates and all =P
i don't really understand how you wasted DVDs if you alreeady owned the original ones...

Anyways...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
why are you mounting your ISO's? why dont you just use the linuziso plugin and select them directly (make sure the iso isnt mounted at this point else it will not work)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(07-29-2009, 09:41 AM)jesalvein Wrote: i don't really understand how you wasted DVDs if you alreeady owned the original ones...

Anyways...

well tbh, i am an @#@! retentive person. when i back up my games i like to make sure they are working copies and sence i could not test my rips due to the fact that i had no way to test them seeing as power iso wasnt the app i needed to run them with after i ripped them i had to burn after a rip to test it properly....hence wasted DvDs! =D thank you for your conceren though

edit : word prior to retentive just in case Tongue
(07-29-2009, 12:48 PM)refraction Wrote: why are you mounting your ISO's? why dont you just use the linuziso plugin and select them directly (make sure the iso isnt mounted at this point else it will not work)

as stated in my original post i tried the plugin Linuziso. what i did not state or clarify, was weather or not i had mounted the iso prior to using pcsx2 and the answer to that question is

no i did not have the iso mounted prior to using that plugin

unlike many of the people posting questions i did read the forums and guides prior to posting. my mistake was simple. i was mounting DvD imiges into a CD drive (via poweriso).

it was not a mistake in my pcsx2 configs or setup.
Hi, thank God I found this post. I was having the exact same problem.

I cannot use both ISO plugin, both crashes for some reason.

Mount to ISO PowerISO
giga: black screen as well.

Now mount to Deamon Tool lite. Working now!

My comp spec is a bit on the old side (Intel 1.8ghz Core2 Duo, 1GB DDR2, 7800GTX) so i dont know if it will play, but at least I am watching the opening FMV now.
EDIT: avarage FPS of 40 with all speed hack on, Cycle rate 2x. quite nice indeed

Thank you!! I had to register just to thank Laugh