pcsx2 crashes upon loading an iso I ripped myself
No speedhacks enabled, nothing modified save for the controller plugin (the keys were changed).

I load my playstation 2 iso (that I ripped myself from playstation dvd previously) using the load cd command, and pcsx2 immediately crashes. It closes the window, with no bug report.

Please note that I am running the .9.6 linux version in ubuntu.

Sponsored links

have a bios in there?
I do.
I don't think there are many ubuntu users here, so I wouldn't expect a fast response. Your best chance if one of the devs answers.
I suppose that these devs only come on occasionally?

is there no way to generate a bug report?
(04-07-2009, 04:25 PM)chooseanewname Wrote: I suppose that these devs only come on occasionally?

is there no way to generate a bug report?

Code:
cd /home/username/your-various-directories/PCSX2
gdb pcsx2
bt

Thats a debuger with a simple code output but it might help the devs some. Personally I have a feeling this is fixable, what Cdrom plugin are you using. What version of Ubuntu are you using and lastly did you follow this guide?
ah your code gives me an error. I'm running ubuntu 8.10, but do I need to follow the amd64 guide when I have a 32 bit processor?
(04-09-2009, 02:51 AM)chooseanewname Wrote: ...do I need to follow the amd64 guide when I have a 32 bit processor?

the only noticible difference is that the apps are compiled in x64 mode, they should still work on 32bit as well.
okay, I upgraded to jaunty, a.k.a. ubuntu 9.04 and still the same error.

why would it crash instantly when loading a cd?