pcsx2 destroyed my laptop
...I think that even 8600M were in lsots, but don't hold me on word, ...so you will be possibly to change graphic card!

Give me full name of your Laptop, & maybe I could help...

Cheers...
AMD FX-8350
4x 4GB DDR3 2400MHz
AMD Radeon R9 Fury X

Sponsored links

some people manage to do it yes, however it will require custom bios and you are required to find an mxm foot/heatsink from another laptop

still this doesnt insure it will work right or will be even recognized

officially only mxm is for replacing

also looking at his GPU 8600M GS i am guessing his size is 15,6 or so
wich leaves little room for customising
[Image: 1454055.png]
BUT you never know it MIGHT be a freaking pcsx2 virus if you downloaded it form a random website other than the main site because ppl do those and they say that it's a guaranteed no lag lol i just saw that on the pirate bay and google anyways just yeah but most likely it's ur hardware...
[Image: ragnaroc444isroxast.png]
well off course never download it from unofficial mirrors..
those .exe's are usually linked with a virus

most often a worm virus
[Image: 1454055.png]
...there is a rule, if your hardware is made so it can run under full load, there is no virus that could damage it, I heard many times, there is a virus that will destruct your HDD, that will burn your CPU, ...if so, then evem prime95 is a virus, that heats your PC abnormal lol, software can't damage hardware, couse hardware won't work if software isn't ment for it... it's easy like that...

Cheers...
AMD FX-8350
4x 4GB DDR3 2400MHz
AMD Radeon R9 Fury X
This is most likely a hint that lappies are not meant to be treated like desktop PCs in terms of gaming...
(09-14-2009, 03:04 PM)mackoyski Wrote: This is most likely a hint that lappies are not meant to be treated like desktop PCs in terms of gaming...

If the temp sensors fail, the laptop is already living on borrowed time. It's a dead machine that doesn't know it yet, and it's really only useful for browsing Amazon/Newegg for a new one.

Gaming or not, as long as all the sensors are working properly there is absolutely no reason why any user code could cause the system to be damaged. Overheat? Absolutely. Break? No.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
Last week, while i was playing in Persona 3 in pcsx2, 2 gigs of my RAM suddenly gone boom. At first i was mad like hell since you cant find good DDR2 sticks these days that work at 1200 Mhz frequency (they are OC'ed to 1200 and were originally 1066)(the ones that have D9 GMH chips if someone wants to know), but then i gave it a little thought and said to myself : "Hey its been already 3 years since i have the sticks and overclocking often breaks hardware so it could have broken anytime and has nothing to do with PCSX2. And its not an overheat issue since i have a Corsair Dominator Ram Fan on them. Well i found new ones paid only 15 euros for them (got them from a friend Smile ).

So in conclusion if your hardware breaks while you are playing in PCSX2 don't assume that is the emu's fault, in all cases the causes are overheating and aging of all the components.

Have fun and remember : Nothing lasts forever.

P.S.: In my opinion playing games (especially PS2 ones) on a laptop is suicide since almost no laptop is powerful enough to play any game without overheating like hell.
Laptop components are far more expensive than their desktop counterparts, plus they might not be as powerful and durable as the latter....and they are not easy to replace as you might end up voiding the warranty fiddling inside. Overstress and too much overheat are not among laptop's best friends.
Well, I know my self that laptops are not the top for gaming and emulation, but this one is (or maybe already was) a custom made that I ordered on DPC Tech site, it's a Werewolf in DPC Tech language (yes, 15,6"). Plus it has ONLY a year of life... I mean, I've played with Crysis, Oblivion, GTA IV, Pes2009, Mass Effect, FallOut3, Sacred2, Assasin Creed, SFIV, ecc. All of them without any particular problem. All of them at 1024x768. And all of them with the best custom settings that I could find on the net.
What drives me crazy is that my previous laptop, a toshiba satellite M30x162 that I keep for almost 4 years before selling it, is still working pretty well and to be honest I stressed its chip, graphic card, etc. much more than the Werewolf we are talking about.

About the origin of my pcsx2.exe, I've downloaded from the pcsx2.net official site and also checked with avast and spybot before installing it.