pcsx2 display issues
Hey im new here just want to say whats up to everyone and ask about a few issues im having with pcsx2

1. when i press execute , i get a white screen for 5 seconds and it goes away, in x11 it says
ZZogl: Depth 24
ZZogl: you have Direct Rendering!
ZZogl: Using multitexturing
ZZogl: Maximun texture size is 2048 for Tex_2d and 2048 for Tex_NV
ZZogl: Disabling MRT depth writing
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 3809 Segmentation fault ./pcsx2
2. when i load an iso file by selecting the load iso file option i get this message also with a white screen
ZZogl: creating zerogs
Xlib: extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display "/tmp/launch-S0Ka1n/:0".
Xlib: extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display "/tmp/launch-S0Ka1n/:0".
ZZogl: Got Doublebuffered Visual!
ZZogl: glX-Version 1.4
Xlib: extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display "/tmp/launch-S0Ka1n/:0".

3. and finally, everytime i open pcsx2 i have to locate the bios folder or when i try to run a game it says bios missing.
I have searched around the forum, found similar problems but nothing to fix mine. IF anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored links

(04-07-2011, 11:35 AM)CAMILOGOD Wrote: Hey im new here just want to say whats up to everyone and ask about a few issues im having with pcsx2

1. when i press execute , i get a white screen for 5 seconds and it goes away, in x11 it says
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 3809 Segmentation fault ./pcsx2
2. when i load an iso file by selecting the load iso file option i get this message also with a white screen
ZZogl: creating zerogs
ZZogl: Got Doublebuffered Visual!
ZZogl: glX-Version 1.4
Xlib: extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display "/tmp/launch-S0Ka1n/:0".

3. and finally, everytime i open pcsx2 i have to locate the bios folder or when i try to run a game it says bios missing.
I have searched around the forum, found similar problems but nothing to fix mine. IF anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

I can help with number 3, but number 1 and 2 is too technically advanced for me :-)

As for number 3, you just need to move pcsx2.app out of the applications folder, preferrably to somewhere where you wont need any admin rights, like desktop or your documents. After moving it, it should remeber what filder the bios is in :-)
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"
thanks for the suggestion but when i move it from my app folder it says this upon start up
Could Not Load GS Plugin '/Applications/pcsx2.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2/plugins/libZeroGSoglr.0.19.195.so': dlopen(/Applications/pcsx2.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2/plugins/libZeroGSoglr.0.19.195.so, 2): image not found
(04-07-2011, 12:30 PM)CAMILOGOD Wrote: thanks for the suggestion but when i move it from my app folder it says this upon start up
Could Not Load GS Plugin '/Applications/pcsx2.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2/plugins/libZeroGSoglr.0.19.195.so': dlopen(/Applications/pcsx2.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2/plugins/libZeroGSoglr.0.19.195.so, 2): image not found

YOu will have to change all the other folders to you new path :-)
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"
ah i see, thanks bro
Hm, macbook?
hackintosh laptop
Ah, ok, what's the gpu? Normally, white screen on execute happens when gpu isn't enough for zzogl. So macbooks with integrated gpu's can't run pcsx2/mac
how do i check that again?
if youre talking about graphics card its a GMA X3100
its a dell studio laptop with osx leopard running on it
anybody?!?!?!