pcsx2 freezes upon boot
Sad 
<appology>I am horribly sorry if this is the wrong thread. I was slightly confused as to what you would classify this to. Mods, please understand, this is my first time using this forum. It was difficult for me to categorize this especially with the "This is intended to aid coders, not users" and the part about "crashes, etc."</appology>

Ok, now to the problem. When it gets done with the animation (where it says sony computer entertainment), it says pcsx2 has stopped working when it says not responding.. I don't know if it just has a bad bios in it, or what. I have all the plugins configured correctly, except dvd (when I select run cd/dvd, the disk in my computer doesn't seem to be active). I can tell the tech specs if you need them. Thanks. Smile

Sponsored links

Correct forum Tongue

You give us very little info.
List: Full PC specs, PCSX 2 version, which plugins, their versions, PCSX2 settings and plugin settings. Also tell us which game you are trying to run.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
mm i think you are just running the bios
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
1. not a game, the application pcsx2 will not run nomater what if I click run from cd/dvd.

ok. now here are my specs:

mac mini (2008 model) intel core 2 duo 1.86GHz running windows 7 build 7600, 4 gigs of ram, 32 bit os, running on apple bootcamp, Latest version of pcsx 2, rom1&2.bin and erom.bin in bios folder, SCPH70012.

plugins:

graphics: GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14
settings:
resolution: windowed
renderer: Direct3D9 (Hardware)
shader: pixel shader 2.0
interlacing: none
aspect ratio: 16:9
D3D internal res: 1024 1024 (native is unchecked)
(no option for SW rend. threads)
NLOOP hack is checked
Texture filtering is checked
wait vsync is unchecked
enable tv-out is unchecked
logarithmic z is unchecked
alpha correction is checked

first controller: LilyPad 0.9.9
(would be necessary to list, but I don't think the problem is due to a controller pad plugin malfunction)

Cdvdrom: CDVDnull Driver 0.6.0
settings: (nothing to configure!)

usb: USBnull Driver 0.5.0
enable logging is unchecked

sound: SPU2-X 1.1.0
settings:
interpolation: 1 - Linear (recommended)
disable effects processing is unchecked
enable debug options is unchecked
module: 1 - XAudio 2 (recommended)
Latency: 160 ms (avg)
Disable time-stretching is unchecked
discable audio expansion is unchecked
use a winanp DSP plugin is unchecked

Dev9 (no idea what this is) : DEV9null Driver 0.3.0
settings: (nothing to configure!)

firewire: FWnull Driver 0.4.0
settings: enable logging is unchecked

Bios: (only one in list) : USA v02.00(14/06/2004) Console

And that is all the specs that I have to say.
edit: Also, I was attempting to run GT4 from cd
hmm.. when I switced to (software) on the graphics plugin settings, it seems to work... at a slower pace!
edit: when I put in (null) instead of software, I get just the sound (which plays at full speed) but no picture. :?
Yeah the (null) renderer as it's name indicates isnt meant to show image at all, did you update DirectX/drivers? what is your graphics card? does the ZeroGS plugin work?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Download the latest beta from the downloads section, there's a much newer version there!

On the main pcsx2 site, "downloads", there's the installer (complete installer with plugins and everything), version r1888, and update your directx using this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en

Also be sure to backup your bios folder (on actual pcsx2 folder) and paste it into the new one.

BTW: I know you said "latest" version of pcsx2, but that GSdx plugin is very old, if you're really using the latest beta version use the plugins that come with it. If you're using 0.9.6 (latest stable release) well, donwload the newest one! (downloads, public beta)
SAGER NP8690 | i7-620M 2.66Ghz | 6GB RAM | ATI 5870M 1GB GDDR5 | FullHD 1080p 15.6'' | 500GB HDD 7200RPM | WINDOWS 7
intel gma950. I am also trying out the mac version (plugin problems there as well)
@Snake X
with that graphics card im sorry to say this but you wont be able to run games at playable speed,maybe some 2d but dont think so (in the past i have one of those,and are pretty bad)
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
Yeah i figured, but thats ok.