45.45%
5 45.45%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pcsx2 is becomeing a salable product
Information 
hi administrators and moderators of pcsx2 site i am here now to tell you a story that it happened for me couple of weeks :
i went to the local dvd store ( near my house ) and i founded the game
god of war ( both 1 and 2 on separated dvd ) on pc ( then the first thing that i thought that some coders have re coded the game into pc )so i was exited to buy it i asked how much then it was 10$ then i said :
"that's high" then he said :
" that game is newly decoded for pc and its rare and expensive "
so i excepted the price because the answer was logical enough so i got it and went home and boooom it was a pcsx2 with a god of war illegal iso and ps2 bios and that made me angry ( with all my love and apprecition for pcsx2 but lets face it pcsx2 isn't perfect and any pc game is better than the same ps2 game on pcsx2 ) and after couple of weeks i saw that a lot of popular ps2 games
are now on pc and that some what i founded :
shadow of clauses - ff ( with all ps2 seasons ) - tekken 5
and alot other and its the same thing ( pcsx2 with illegal iso and bios )
and they are highly priced so pcsx2 is badly abused and computer stores is gaining high profit from selling pcsx2 and iso of the game and they say that's it been coded to pc
so pcsx2 have to have copy write so please answer the poll

Sponsored links

Copyright or not i dont think people in countrys like Syria would give a ***** either way like in Russia. This is nothing new realy the god of war *PC version* has been going around for a while now.
they have no rights to sell that emulator,this is a fraud/phisihing and it's a Violation of T&C and GPL
who knows it may contains a foul pcsx2 build and even hidden computer virus and may damage their PC and damage to property as well.

Main Hub:i5-4670(3.4Ghz Factory Clocked),ATi Radeon HD7770(GDDR5+128-bit+1GB),Win 10 SL(x64),ASUS H8M-E,8GB DDR3 RAM
Yeah this is completely true, I was in Yalta a few months ago and in a shop I saw FFX for PC, in my head I was like (Wtf!) but on the back the installation instructions were like *Install the Pcsx2 program* then I was Closedeyes.Glare. Cus I understand basic Russian

But then again in Ukraine/Russia/Belarus/whatever 2nd/3rd world country you can bloody murder somebody and as long as it was not against either the state or somebody richer than you then you can bribe the police who don't give a dam. In fact my friend told me it's literally impossible to run a business in the country without being completely corrupt, even if they don't want to be Blink.

Edit: It's a little obscene asking customers "Do you think we should charge you? Does that sound like a good idea? Ok then. Tongue
CPU: i9 20Ghz 40-core
GPU: GTX 129000 in Octo-SLI
RAM: 64GB DDREKT69
Monitor: 800x600 15" CRT
Im sorry, but i value my ass too much.

Look up Bleem, then youll understand.
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
(12-30-2010, 05:14 PM)refraction Wrote: Im sorry, but i value my ass too much.

Look up Bleem, then youll understand.

If I remember correctly bleem and that VGS ***** got sued to hell and back by sony and SONY got the property rights of VGS and BLEEM which led to their downfall those Piece of crap wanted to make money out of some thing that is not theirs to begin with I mean selling a PSX emulator PFFT!!! what bunch of losers

My New PC
[Image: 1714419.png]
[Image: stargate_sg_1_stamp_by_OmegaDreamSeeker11.jpg]
(12-30-2010, 05:25 PM)anito9999 Wrote: If I remember correctly bleem and that VGS ***** got sued to hell and back by sony and SONY got the property rights of VGS and BLEEM which led to their downfall those Piece of crap wanted to make money out of some thing that is not theirs to begin with I mean selling a PSX emulator PFFT!!! what bunch of losers

Nail on head Smile
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
PCSX2 already has a copyright that forbids this kind of behavior. Moreover, the games and bios also have copyrights that preclude people from repackaging and reselling them as indicated.

The problem is that copyright doesn't stop people from doing just that. We can't sue these folks, since they're outside our jurisdiction and it would be entirely cost prohibitive for a volunteer-drive non-profit project to engage in such legal battles. Maybe Sony can, but I bet they'll also have jurisdiction issues that make it either impossible or cost-prohibitive as well.

So more power to them, I guess. What else are we going to do, besides say "hey! stop that! .. please?"
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
PCSX2 is an open source project that is not for sale. It is protected by an incredibly powerful GPL that no company is going to screw with in any way. No one is stupid enough to try to sell it or use ANY code from it.

edit: That doesn't stop individual people from doing it (illegally) but there's essentially nothign to do about that.
i5 520m :: ATI 5650 (700, 900) :: Samsun 830 128GB SSD:: 8GB (2x4GB) RAM
Sometimes I forget piracy isn't limited to the internet! There are still people out there doing it oldskool. Actually I've always wanted to see a bootlegger in person Laugh